Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just purchased an XDM 40 Compact. I have owned an S&W 4006 and AR15 since leaving the Military in 91. The sad thing is I probably been to the range with them 10 times. That is about to change as this new weapon has me motivated to get back into marksmanship.

I fired the full size XDM 40 about a year ago and just loved it. Looking into getting a light for my compact now but don't want something that is going to go past the end of the barrel. Would like to have the strobe feature with the right Freq. and to be programmable. Looks like the x5l might be my only option but paying almost $400 for it is a little tuff to swallow.

Anyway, great to be here, seems like a lot of great people on the forum!!!

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am from Champaign, btw.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I was at the U of I I dated a girl from Naperville.
Naperville is a great city, but I am originally from Pa and wish I was still there. Been here in Illinois since leaving the military in Dec.91 For shooters and CCW this is not the place to be.

One day I hope to have some land where I can set up an outdoor range. That would be a dream come true!

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hershey is a great place Slugger!

Thanks Willow and Elkbow; glad to see Wisconsin finally got their act together Willow and hopefully Illinois will follow on the CCW issue!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Wow another from Naperville! Welcome! I live off of Montgomery. Where about are you?

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Central Florida! I grew up in Rock Island. Glad I don't live there anymore.:)

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Premium Member
23,667 Posts
hello to ya

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Welcome from Colorado