Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and new to guns in general.

SWMBO and I have been looking at this for quite some time. Long time friend invited us out the the range and brought a potpourri of his collection, including a 22/45 that I intended to purchase. We were hooked from the first shot :)

Original intention was to start with (2) 22's and then move up to something bigger, but we stopped at a large sporting goods store on the way home and two of their sales clerks suggested the next gun needed to be something bigger. Then we stopped at a highly ranked range and they said the same thing :) This range doesn't sell guns, but they had two large cabinets of rentals. Following weekend we returned and rented a Glock, M&P subcompact and an XD. Neither one of us could shoot the glock, I'm suspecting something was wrong with it. I had no problems with the other two, she had a bit of trouble holding the sub. So, even tho she didn't actually try the XDM-C (BiTone), we ordered one. Man is that one sweet piece of metal. It's registered in her name, but I get to shoot it first. The wait is killing me, we just don't have time right now.

For some stupid reason, I'm relatively accurate. With the 22/45, we had the target at 25' and she shot within a 6" circle, not too shabby. I decided to go for the little target in the corner and kept it within 2"... she suggested I was showing off :) I cheated just a little bit, I used the CCI tactical, and there was a difference in the accuracy :) Only had about 5 minutes left on our time, so I ran the target out to 50'. Damn, I could barely see the target, much less sure if I hit it. First shot, neither of us could see the hole, and my loving wife suggested I missed the target... oh hell no, I dragged it back and checked, in the 2nd ring, 1.5" off center :) 8 shots within 4" circle, all 10 within 6" circle.

We're going to the range tomorrow, taking our youngest (18) with us. I plan to break the guns cherry while my wife warms up on the 22. Then we'll switch and I'll start working with my youngest and let her send a few rounds down the range before she heads off to college. CCW training in a week, I want her to get at least two outings at the range with her new gun before then, otherwise we'll have to switch guns for the class, which I really don't want to do. Looking at a couple of different local clubs to join. After we recover from this sudden spending spree, I'm highly likely to get the XD sub.

Why couldn't I pick a cheap hobby, like knitting?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Welcome to the forum and great first post! You've entered a sub culture you'll likely never escape. Be safe and have fun!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Knitting is highly over rated lol, welcome to the forum from Washington!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Howdy from Texas! Welcome to the forum. Pace yourselves. Like someone from the forum said "guns are like tattoos, you get one... you want more!"

·
Premium Member
24,714 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas! :D