Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I recently decided to purchase our first gun for home defense and concealed carry. My search focused on Glocks, XD/XDm, and M&Ps. After weeks of agonizing indecisiveness, I finally bought an XDm Compact 3.8" 9mm - Black tonight, so I thought I'd better join the forums.

I got the gun home tonight and gave it it's first cleaning. I haven't shot an XDm yet, so I'm hoping my wife will let me take it out to the range tomorrow for a spin.

I bought the XDm based on my experience at the range comparing an XD9 service to a Glock 19. The XD9 felt like butter compared to the G19. I really like the simplicity, parts availability, and parts price, and weight of the Glocks, but there was just something about the trigger break and accuracy of the XD9 that set it apart. The XDm's trigger is a little heavy right now, so I hope it loosens up a bit as it gets broken in.

I like the size of the XDm for concealed carry, but it is a little heavy. I was surprised when I got it apart that all the weight is in the slide. I'm also a little disappointed the rear rails appear to be plastic instead of steel. I hope that doesn't affect accuracy or durability.

Anyway, I hope to learn a lot from everyone here, and maybe even contribute some valuable insight myself.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming. You will love it. Trust me, the gun is more accurate than most of us can shoot it........

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Another Texan welcomes you to the Forum, and to the Springfield family. :D You made a great choice, and can run with it, with NO worries.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
21,379 Posts
hello there good choice

·
Premium Member
127,171 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern California! Congrats on the new piece!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum...;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wlecome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts