Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have to give it to you all, there's an awesome resource here for all XD and HS2000 owners. I'm new around here, but have been shooting an XD for around a year, and I think it is definitely the best pistol for the money you can buy.

Question: Concerning the new '05 frame, what is the difference other than the second slot on the accessory rail? I mean the X-treme Mini Light is cool and all, but who cares if I can't install it on my service model!?! There are literally tons of other, and better, options out there.

BUT, if there are other differences in the new '05 frame, I may be forced to buy another XD! I'm a sucker for stuff like that.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i don't know of any other functional difference but i do recall hearing that the newer frame has a differently shaped hole at the bottom of hte backstrap than the older frame such. I have only the newer one so cannot give you a comparison.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I had both for a while, a XD-9 service with an old frame and a XD-9 tactical with the new frame. Other then the rail with two slots I did not notice any diffrences other then less wear on the new one. Sold the tactical as it was not up to expectations from the advertisements Springfield puts out.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Agreed. Who needs a "SHOOT ME!" light anyway?
Oh, I dunno, anyone who, say, would like to be able to see in the dark... Maybe people who like to identify what they're pointing a gun at...

I'm just speculating here.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]
Agreed. Who needs a "SHOOT ME!" light anyway?
Oh, I dunno, anyone who, say, would like to be able to see in the dark... Maybe people who like to identify what they're pointing a gun at...

I'm just speculating here.
Buy night vison gear. almost the same price as those overpriced flashilghts.. A handheld light is more practical and versatile anyway. Save your money. Further it requires you to practice one handed shooting, which is a necessary combat skill, most common wounds are shoulder wounds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine is missing the second notch and I wanted it cut, but SA won't do it. I tried that small light on my gun. I like it, but with only the one notch, it's way too far away from the trigger guard.

Putting it on another person's weapon with the second notch was much nicer. I won't be buying that light since my notch is too far out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts