Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my first gun ever in a gun show on 10/01/11. I grew up playing with air/pellet guns but finally jumped into the real gun world with help of a friend/co-worker who owns a dozen different types of guns.

I had been leaning toward glocks since they seem a lot more popular. But my co-worker highly recommend the SA-XD's. After doing a bit of research on this site and others, I wanted a SA-XDm... but being that I'm in CA, that was a no go. oh well.

It happened that the gun show was in town so I had to go check it out. Being that was my first gun show, it was a real eye opener!

I was able to really shop around and check out different guns... but was pretty much focused on the XD's.

Finally found a vendor that was selling XDs and Glocks a lot cheaper than others. My friend also agreed that the prices were really good. so after handling a few, I settled on a XD 40 Service model. it looked great, felt great in my hand and the price was right!

I had a bit of buyer's remorse the next few days thinking maybe I should have gotten the 45... but now that I've had my XD 40 for a couple of weeks and fired 450 rounds at the range, I think I've made a pretty good choice!

Once I get good at controlling the recoil/muzzle flip of the 40, a 9 or 45 should a lot easier to handle from what I read.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and thank many of you who posted great info that helped me in purchasing the gun to proper maintenance to shooting techniques to places for cheap ammo to maybe starting reloading... i look forward to making contribution to help others in the future. =)

Phil.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome from San Diego as well! Took my XD9 out today after picking it up on Sunday. So im new to the XD as well and pretty much had the same story about purchasing and realizing the XD was a better option for me. I got the XD9 Service model. Welcome again!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Congrats on your XD! Welcome to the forum from good ol' Texas.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Welcome! I too am in San Diego. I have a XD 45 service I picked up 2 weeks ago. Hope you enjoy the forums.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcomes. Glad to see that there are some fellow San Diegans here. =)

Love the forums so far. People all seem to be very friendly, mature and helpful.

Phil.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Wow! they allow murderous weapons in california... hmmm who would've thought.
Eff' what I said! WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Gratz on the purchase! I lived in "dego" for 2 years and miss it esp. the Mexican food.. but S. Fla is a close second, and the Cuban food here is decent. Welcome!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome fellow San Diegan!! I was at the show as well but mostly to pick up ammo and cleaning stuff. This forum has a wealth of knowledge and the people are way cool. See you around.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Another Texan welcomes you! :D

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.