Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new EMP40 w/ cocobolo grips last weekend @ The Outpost Armory in Murfreesboro, TN. List price was $1149. Talked them down to $1025 - I was pretty happy with that.

Anyways, finally got to shoot i yesterday in a quick trip to the range - 100 rounds in all: 50 federal FMJ and 50 WWB, both 180 grain bullets.

Not a single failure of any kind, even with one magazine with mixed ammo.

Overall, I was very impressed with the gun. I was amazed at how quickly I was able to get it back on target for double taps compared to my XD45 Compact.

I love everything about the gun, except . . .

I went to clean it last night, the front sight fell out of the bag - the staking pin was nowhere to be found. It must have fallen out during shooting (I guess?). Anyways, called Springfield CS, and they are sending a new roll pin to stake the front sight.

I was a little surprised that they didn't send a mailer to inspect & install themselves, but this is faster - good for me.

Any advice on how to make sure this doesn't happen again? I mean, how do you screw up a roll pin installation so that it falls out? Was the old one undersized? Was the hole in the front sight oversized? Did they somehow crush the roll pin in Brazil?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Also, while I was satisfied with my groupings, I tended to shoot a little low and left. I'm a lefty. Any advice? This is my first gun with a SA/1911 trigger vs. striker fired weapons.

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
One tiny drop of Loktite blue on that stake pin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts