Springfield XD Forum banner

New duracoated xds.....blue & odgreen

7K views 26 replies 23 participants last post by  tec 
#1 ·
Here are some different color xds that I have done.

Combat grey xd

OD Green xd with some XS sights installed also a green Pearce grip.

Here is a German Blue xd......Although it looks like its a Dillon precision XD. Does it come with a no BS warranty?

See less See more
#4 ·
Hmmm. Does not the blue make it easy to mistake for a training gun? Are not the simunitions guns usualy equiped with a blue slide? I think that this is a really BAD color to use due to the potential for mistakes and accidental shootings. I happen to have a blue training dummy XD for my handgun retention practice, that is why I have thought of it.

#5 ·
James, that blue sure does look like Kentucky Wildcat
Blue to me. Go Cats, Go!

Might have to get my longslide out to you for a makeover
in blue. Now that would be the Cat's meow at the range
for sure.

Ed

#10 ·
hey ajames you wouldn't have had a green frame to compare that slide with would you I,think that my green xd 9 service would look good with a green slide,all the controls in black,and the black handall grip that I have on it. But I do not know how close the greens would be to matching

#12 ·
Xray Delta said:
Jorday said:
i think i'd like to shoot the blue but not own. i do however really like the desert tan color-looks extremly sharp with the black... not sure of the name how much do you charge for the dura?
I think it was "Stone" and +1 on the looks
I think it was "Sand".

#13 ·
My girlfriend has a co-worker that is gay.........any chance you could do duracote in a lovely rainbow pattern? :lol: J/J

That grey is pretty tight.......the blue is, well, blue.

Just out of curiosity, anyone have their pistol duracoted in gold coloring? It would be interesting to see.

#14 ·
SLCDave said:
Xray Delta said:
Jorday said:
i think i'd like to shoot the blue but not own. i do however really like the desert tan color-looks extremly sharp with the black... not sure of the name how much do you charge for the dura?
I think it was "Sand".
It was stone.

#15 ·
Love the OD looking one... And how the barrel is clearly rusty. :)

#19 ·
Well, here is old Mr. Negative again. I think the blue looks like it would be on a toy gun and it's ugly. But, that's only my opinion and it's probably only worth 1/2 cent, if that. I agree with manygunner re the training gun issue, tho I have not personally seen a blue one. My former dept. used red guns (the whole gun).

The grey looks good.

One last thing. Tho I don't like the blue, I'm sure the quality of the work is excellent based on all of the glowing reports on James' work (I mean this seriously).

#20 ·
retired said:
Well, here is old Mr. Negative again. I think the blue looks like it would be on a toy gun and it's ugly. But, that's only my opinion and it's probably only worth 1/2 cent, if that. I agree with manygunner re the training gun issue, tho I have not personally seen a blue one. My former dept. used red guns (the whole gun).

The grey looks good.

One last thing. Tho I don't like the blue, I'm sure the quality of the work is excellent based on all of the glowing reports on James' work (I mean this seriously).
Many's right, the guns fitted for Simunition training are blue. Almost the same color blue, too.

Simunitions are basically cartridges loaded with paintballs. I still have a mark on my leg from shooting myself with one in January. Point-blank range. Man that hurt.

But safety issues aside, it looks like James is really perfecting his technique with that DuraCoat!

#21 ·
jalley said:
SLCDave said:
Xray Delta said:
Jorday said:
I think it was "Sand".
It was stone.
ajamesp51 said:
Ed wanted a picture when I was done, and I thought every one eles would like to see as well, especially after the rhino liner post. Oh Rhino Liner can make a great temp grip. Add some sand to the can of bed liner then take a course sponge and dab it on the frame. If you dont like it peel it off.

Ed I chose sand, but I think it may be a little lighter than the 1911 in the mag but its hard to tell since Ichy takes good pics. Two tan 45`s I like it and it should go really good with the od frame.

#25 ·
I think all the various colors that can be applied to a gun is pretty neat but I have some reservations about a gun being a uncommon color. A lot of people are killed because they have a toy gun that looks real, because it may be all black or silver like the real guns. Now the real guns are being colored like toy guns. Now everytime someone carries a gun, even a purple or orange toy gun, how is someone to know it's not the real thing? I don't think it's very widely known that a real gun can be easily coated in various colors so if someone were to really carry such a gun, it could easily be mistaken for just a toy or a non-working training gun until it's to late.

#26 ·
The Tengu said:
retired said:

The grey looks good.

Many's right, the guns fitted for Simunition training are blue. Almost the same color blue, too.

Simunitions are basically cartridges loaded with paintballs. I still have a mark on my leg from shooting myself with one in January. Point-blank range. Man that hurt.

But safety issues aside, it looks like James is really perfecting his technique with that DuraCoat!
Dude, and you didn't do a post about your ND with bruise pics :twisted: :?:

Or was it on purpose? It would have been better to superglue your butt to a toilet at Home Depot, then at least you'd have someone to sue :shock:
Seriously, got hit in the head with one from about 12-15 ft. Left a nice gooseegg, and onnnlly mmmmilldd residual effects. Almost no one notices the drool.....

BTW James, very nice work on the guns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.