Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some different color xds that I have done.

Combat grey xd


OD Green xd with some XS sights installed also a green Pearce grip.






Here is a German Blue xd......Although it looks like its a Dillon precision XD. Does it come with a no BS warranty?


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
i think i'd like to shoot the blue but not own. i do however really like the desert tan color-looks extremly sharp with the black... not sure of the name how much do you charge for the dura?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,078 Posts
Hmmm. Does not the blue make it easy to mistake for a training gun? Are not the simunitions guns usualy equiped with a blue slide? I think that this is a really BAD color to use due to the potential for mistakes and accidental shootings. I happen to have a blue training dummy XD for my handgun retention practice, that is why I have thought of it.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,574 Posts
James, that blue sure does look like Kentucky Wildcat
Blue to me. Go Cats, Go!

Might have to get my longslide out to you for a makeover
in blue. Now that would be the Cat's meow at the range
for sure.

Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
What's the trick to putting on the duracoat? Is it cooked on like powdercoat? What prevents a regular machine shop from doing this?

Thanks,
Darren
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
hey ajames you wouldn't have had a green frame to compare that slide with would you I,think that my green xd 9 service would look good with a green slide,all the controls in black,and the black handall grip that I have on it. But I do not know how close the greens would be to matching
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Jorday said:
i think i'd like to shoot the blue but not own. i do however really like the desert tan color-looks extremly sharp with the black... not sure of the name how much do you charge for the dura?
I think it was "Stone" and +1 on the looks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
Xray Delta said:
Jorday said:
i think i'd like to shoot the blue but not own. i do however really like the desert tan color-looks extremly sharp with the black... not sure of the name how much do you charge for the dura?
I think it was "Stone" and +1 on the looks
I think it was "Sand".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
My girlfriend has a co-worker that is gay.........any chance you could do duracote in a lovely rainbow pattern? :lol: J/J

That grey is pretty tight.......the blue is, well, blue.

Just out of curiosity, anyone have their pistol duracoted in gold coloring? It would be interesting to see.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
SLCDave said:
Xray Delta said:
Jorday said:
i think i'd like to shoot the blue but not own. i do however really like the desert tan color-looks extremly sharp with the black... not sure of the name how much do you charge for the dura?
I think it was "Stone" and +1 on the looks
I think it was "Sand".
It was stone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,420 Posts
Love the OD looking one... And how the barrel is clearly rusty. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Those look good.

Im sad, I have not got my slide back yet from james. He said it shipped monday, it should be here by now. (shipping time his two days from me to him)

Il have to call him up today sometime
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dark you should have yours at any time now.

Overkill thats copper residue:)

It depends what frame your trying to match if you get frames from different batches then the greens can differe slightly from pistol to pistol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,705 Posts
Well, here is old Mr. Negative again. I think the blue looks like it would be on a toy gun and it's ugly. But, that's only my opinion and it's probably only worth 1/2 cent, if that. I agree with manygunner re the training gun issue, tho I have not personally seen a blue one. My former dept. used red guns (the whole gun).

The grey looks good.

One last thing. Tho I don't like the blue, I'm sure the quality of the work is excellent based on all of the glowing reports on James' work (I mean this seriously).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
retired said:
Well, here is old Mr. Negative again. I think the blue looks like it would be on a toy gun and it's ugly. But, that's only my opinion and it's probably only worth 1/2 cent, if that. I agree with manygunner re the training gun issue, tho I have not personally seen a blue one. My former dept. used red guns (the whole gun).

The grey looks good.

One last thing. Tho I don't like the blue, I'm sure the quality of the work is excellent based on all of the glowing reports on James' work (I mean this seriously).
Many's right, the guns fitted for Simunition training are blue. Almost the same color blue, too.

Simunitions are basically cartridges loaded with paintballs. I still have a mark on my leg from shooting myself with one in January. Point-blank range. Man that hurt.

But safety issues aside, it looks like James is really perfecting his technique with that DuraCoat!
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top