Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a pic of my latest holster for my XDSub. It's a Don Hume H715M Clip-on model. A buddy of mine carries his Glock 26 in one so I figured I'd give it a try. I called Don Hume, but they were like 12 weeks out so they suggested Gunner's Alley. I gave them a call and had it 2 days later.

Here's where I got mine:

Don Hume Clip-On Inside The Waistband Holster (H715M-WC)

So far, I'm pretty pleased with it considering the cost (about $35 delivered). My one complaint is the lack of a bodyshield. According to the folks at Don Hume, they are going to be producing this model with a bodyshield, but they didn't have any ready to ship.

It's pretty easy to get on and off, and does a pretty good of concealing under a regular T-shirt. I included one of Surefire lights and my Emerson for a bit of scale.

Anyone have any other experience with this particular holster model?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
The 715?

I have used one with both my G19 and my XD45c and I liked it. The one for my XD was the one I always carried it in and the one for my G19 was only used interim or until I got my Supertuck.

The only downfall IMO, is how "thick" it is. I haven't used them since I got my ST, but I would have no worry using it again if need be. They are a good choice for cheaper holster.

Call me wierd too, but I like looking at my G19 just sitting on the nightstand in it(brown one). Maybe I watched too many detective movies/tv shows as a kid. (you know, where the hero always had thier weapon in holster sitting on a desk or nightstand lol)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have one for a different gun. Think they are a great value.
I like their strong clip, it clips well to my pants and hides behind belt. I do that for easier on and off getting in and out of vehicle. Not that it matters since it is not a tuck type holster. I front carry and it will ride up sometimes,especially when rolling around on the garage floor. As another said i forget it is there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've only had mine about a month, so it's probably not even all that "broken in" yet. If I had one more very small complaint, and it might be really nit-picky, but I wish Hume would make the clip itself in a width that exactly matches various belt widths. So a 1.5" clip is for a 1.5" belt, and so on. The clip they are using now is kind of a one size fits all version up to a 1.75" belt. It's not a huge deal, and is probably a pipe dream for a holster at this price point.

I did think this was kind of interesting: if you visit the Gunner's Alley link, the actual pictures they are using to display this holster uses an XD Sub. When I was on the phone placing the order, I got into a conversation with one of the guys there and found that it's his personal XDC in the pic and he carries in that exact rig all the time. Kind of the last straw that sold me on it.

So far no real complaints.

@Jedi XD - I can certainly understand that as I also find my XDC in this holster on my nightstand quite comforting as well.

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
My son carries his Colt Defender in a Don Hume and likes it just fine.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Very nice. I've been thinking about getting one for my LCP for awhile now... although now that I'm getting a CT Laserguard I don't know for sure if they make one for that.

Good choice on the holster.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I made my own bodysheild by getting some moleskin patches at local discount store. Get name brand, not generic. Shoe or pharmacy depts.
Layed holster w/ gun on it, w/ backing still on moleskin. Backing towards gun, figured were i wanted it and cut a little big. I just did straight up from the doubled leather, attached at that strip and just covered the back of slide. (and hammer on mine) .
Then figured another piece to just cover the sticky part up that would be facing the gun when you pull the backing off. That also helped make it a little firmer. It shaped well between me and the gun.
Trim closer after it forms.
Has held up well. It does slightly hamper re-holster, but its no big deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can't beat DH holsters. FYI-Just for comparison I got a Tagua that looks the same for $25.00. DH may be better or I am too rough because I bent the belt clip twice but they replaced the holster immediately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts