Springfield XD Forum banner

New Del-Ton Midlength

7K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  generaljl 
#1 ·
Just put together my new Del-ton Midlength. Looks like I'm going to have to get higher scope rings.

See less See more
#3 ·
16" heavy barrel.

#5 ·
A company that sell AR15 kits.

#6 ·
Very nice lookg rifle. The 16" mid-length setup is one of my personal favorites. Seems like quite a few folks on the board are going with the Del-Ton 16" middy. Hard to beat for the price and service.

#7 ·
Very nice lookg rifle. The 16" mid-length setup is one of my personal favorites. Seems like quite a few folks on the board are going with the Del-Ton 16" middy. Hard to beat for the price and service.
I noticed the same thing. I don't own an AR yet and am looking to build my first one. I have been drawn to the Del-Ton due to the price (though I really like the CMMG stuff). How's the fit and finish on everything? Looks pretty good in the pics.

#8 ·
Everything is great, Del-Ton makes quality stuff. I own an m4 from Del-ton, have had it for about 3 years, never have had any problems with it.

#12 ·
These look great guys! Really makes me lean towards a Del-Ton for my first AR-15 kit. Just

hikeeba said:
Del-Ton Mid-length; Mid-length Del-Ton...

Weeee!!! Here's mine!
Love the looks of the black/tan. Think I might go with with black/od myself. Gives me a good idea of what it'll look like. Thanks!

#15 ·
im new at the builds... so i take it our del-ton midlength is a fully complete UPPER that you bought?

What type of lower do you have?

How much does a midlength upper like yours cost??

#16 ·
I had a Superior stripped upper. The midlength was a kit, which included everything else to make a working AR. Total for the kit shipping included was 516.37.

#18 ·
Here is my del-ton mid lenght dpms lower very nice ar for the money, only thing i hate about the kit is the crappy buttstock..
How do you like your set up??? I just put a DPMS lower on Lay-awake and planning on finishing my build with the tax return in the spring with that exact Del-Ton set up!!! Please report!!!!

#19 ·
#20 ·
The DPMS lower is very nice and the color matches pretty well to. I do not care for for the buttstock because i really dont like how it locks up it doesn't feel that solid and it is only a 4-postion stock not really a big deal.You can upgrade the stock when you place the order if you want which i wish i had done :x.

#23 ·
No problem. I ran to the local gun store and bought a riser. Here's the midlength with a riser and scope.

Here's on of all my ARs. I'm still working one getting a varminter.

#25 ·
Rifle and midlength are Superior Arms, m4 is a Stag.

#26 ·
im new at the builds... so i take it our del-ton midlength is a fully complete UPPER that you bought?

What type of lower do you have?

How much does a midlength upper like yours cost??
I bought a complete upper (barrel assembly) from Del-Ton.

I built a stripped CMMG lower with a DPMS LPK, tacticool bolt catch, and ambi selector, and a complete DPMS stock assembly. Paint job on stock, lower, and rail guards is Krylon Fusion rattle can (found in a hardware store sale bin)

IIRC, my upper ran around $640. Chrome -lined, feed ramps, YHM lightweight FF middy hand guard, YHM gas block flip sight, YHM Phantom 5C2 comp/flash suppressor, standard charging handle with tac latch, standard BCG.

Total gun cost about $900 to put together. All pieces were acquired one by one over about 5 months. Originally I had planned to put together a KISS mid-length rifle with a budget of around $650, but decided to spend more over a longer period of time and build the rifle how I really wanted it to be. The additional $260 was spread out over months, so impact on the wallet was minimized. I'm sure I would have been happy with a KISS rifle, but I am glad I spent the extra $$ over time to have the rifle I now have. Other than adding an optic, there s nothing else Iwant to do to the current configuration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.