Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colored my engravings and put my new decals on my XDm today. Turned out really well I think. Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Looks good Mate! I am going to try this myself today. I have some OEM touch up paint from an old car I had, its Toyota Impulse Red Metallic, I want to see if it will even shows up, I really don't want the engravings to pop like white makes them do just something subtle to personalize it. Will post if it works!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I used the crayon method. Heated it up with a blow dryer and the crayon melted perfectly. Wiped the excess off before it dried too much.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Actually I used the crayon method. Heated it up with a blow dryer and the crayon melted perfectly. Wiped the excess off before it dried too much.

The crayon lasted me until summer. 200 rounds+ 120 degree weather. Melted it right out. Was fun while it lasted. In the end I went back to no colored engravings. Good work though!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you paint the lettering on the grip or is that decals? If decals where did you find them? I am wanting to do my XDS grips. Thanks and looks good and clean.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
469 Posts
Did you paint the lettering on the grip or is that decals? If decals where did you find them? I am wanting to do my XDS grips. Thanks and looks good and clean.

The letters on the grip are decals. BPotts, a forum member here, makes and sells them on eBay for like 10 bucks. He makes them for the XDM and XDS. Good quality product. I have them on my XDM and am happy with them. He can make any color combo you like.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

They are decals. I found them on eBay. Cutting Edge artworks I believe.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I tried coloring the etchings on my xd .45 in gold, but I removed it. looked terrible. My hope is that the engravings just aren't deep enough to hold the paint, but in reality I accept I just did a terrible job. After 4 coats, barely anything was sticking. Looked like a kid painted it. Seemed so easy on the YouTube videos. I cleared it all off.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Update. As a native Iowan, I tried again today with hawkeye yellow on my xd. Turned out great!!! Go hawks!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts