Springfield XD Forum banner

New CZ "DUTY"

4K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  ilsrwy27 
#1 ·
Looks like a Sig p250 killer to me. :eek:

CZ has not yet released the specs of the “Duty” (as it is known). It is polymer-framed DA/SA and features an interchangeable decocker/manual safety.

The pistol was designed for law enforcement but I am sure CZ-USA will offer it to civilians.

Damn, may have to ditch one of my Glock 19's if this is the same relative size.

See less See more
#2 ·
I owned a CZ100 9mm what a peice o crap i ended up trading it in towards my XD9sc but the CZ75 looks ok i wont ever buy another CZ unless it is free

#4 ·
bought it brand new but it dont matter now cuz i got my xd

#7 ·
#13 ·
These do look interesting. I finally held one of the P-01 Phantoms last week and really liked its thinness. Its really slim...like a Hi-Power.

Not too jazzed about the looks of the "Duty" CZ - it looks too much like the hideous Beretta PX4 (which is not a bad shooter...my brother has one...but its butt ugly!).

CZ is sure proud of the P-01 Phantom...I was surprised at how much more they were versus the CZ-75B. Much lighter than the all steel 75s, though. Its a big gun but its weight means you could carry it all day.

- brickboy240

#15 ·
CZ quality and reliability is not usually an issue. I owned a 75B and have shot several others and always been pleased with the function and reliability of their pistols. That said...I am not impressed with this one. It just doesn't look all that great to me and there are FAR TOO MANY other options in the polymer market that I'd go to before looking to a CZ.

First, I HATE the huge gap under the rear sight. Just an excuse to get something caught under it and damage the rear sight or otherwise something to snag when drawing the pistol. Also, it can't possibly be as strong sitting up like that in comparison to if it were resting on the slide.

Second, and I have not held one yet and I may be wrong, but the ergonomics on that pistol just look "off" to me. The grip angle looks odd to me...maybe the larger backstrap would be better. Also, I don't care for the beavertail.

I will be anxious to see one close up and give it a squeeze. Maybe it won't be as bad as I am imagining from the pic in the OP and on CZ's website...

#16 · (Edited)
Not too jazzed about the looks of the "Duty" CZ - it looks too much like the hideous Beretta PX4 (which is not a bad shooter...my brother has one...but its butt ugly!).
:mad: I happen to like the PX4, and have often called the XD the best ugly gun on the market... ;-) hehe to each their own.

I was looking into the CZ SP-01 and settled on the XDm 9 instead, and I have to say this 'duty' does look interesting... but I think I'd buy a metal CZ before a polymer one. If it has the accuracy other CZ pistols do I'm sure it will find a market. Not really sure about the way the grip looks... the trigger guard looks way big and square and the backstraps don't look changeable (quickly becoming status-quo for polymers). Come to think of it, the grips look slightly HK-ish, but not in a good way.

I like the slide, and I bet the angled cuts reduce some of the slide weight. Personally, I think CZ was doing just fine with steel pistols, I don't know that there's that much to gain by offering a polymer grip...

#17 ·
I'd have to handle one and fire it before I make judgment. I love CZ 75's. I had a CZ100 that while reliable had a terrible trigger and shot consistantly low and the the left. Also had a CZ 40p. 1st shot out of the box blew one of the sight inserts out. Had continual feed issues with the gun. I will only ever buy a true CZ-75.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.