Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked to Springfeild and my new Custom Carry Pro in 9mm gets shipped tomorrow. It will be sporting all the goodies in the Carry Pro package-less the extended mag release. Personal options are Heinie Streight Eight night sights and a 4-4.5lb trigger. I plan on putting at least 200rnds through it next weekend. Merry Christmas to me!:cool:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats...Yes we need pics.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Carry Pro package is $230 more than the standard service XD. The package includes:

Extended magazine release (Specify right- or left-handed) • 4.5-5 lb. combat trigger job • SA Custom 3-dot fiber optic sights • National match barrel • Armory Kote all metal parts of pistol • 2 magazines

I opted out of the extended mag release, and got the Heinie's and asked for 4-4.5lbs on the trigger. I'll take some pics when I get it, and let you all know how it shoots. Should be sweeet!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow. I just got the call. Pistol's in and I'll pick it up after work today. I should be able to run it Sunday.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I picked up my new XD, and I'll be shooting tomorrow. I fugure I'll put 150-250 rnds through it. I've dry fired it a bunch already, the trigger is a big improvement on stock, but still has quite a bit of takeup. Breaks real crisp, feels like 4.5 lbs...I'll measure it after I'm done shooting...almost no overtravel, which I can adjust if needed. When I broke it down, all the faces of the trigger parts (seer etc.............. were polished to a mirror finish. The Heinies are great. Here's a little teaser. Looks pretty much like any other XD9 service.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I just got back from the range. I put 260 rounds through her, and she ran flawlessly. Had one round (all WWB) not fire, I pulled it out and it had a good dimple in it, reloaded it and it went bang. One of our club guru's said that maybe the primer wasn't seated all the way, and the first strike moved it so it seated. Whatever. All rounds were fired from 25', standing 2 handed (Weaver). I think I was so amped up about the new gun that I couldn't relax, because it took me a while to settle down. I did all shooting with 10 rnds per mag, 2 mags. First 20 rounds were at a clean shoot n see (5"), then I put up another clean target for rounds 21-150. At this point I had settled a bit, so I put up a clean target and took my time for 20 rounds...151-170. After that I put up a large piece of cardboard with 4 1" dots and worked at coming out of the holster for a while. For the last 20 rounds I taped my cardboard and put up a clean 5" shoot n see and finished off the day. I shot for 2 hours total.
I have to say I love the Heinie's. Left right alignment is so quick and easy.
Here are some targets for you.
First 20
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=42&pictureid=283

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
21-150

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
settled down 151-170

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After holster work, the last 20 rounds, 241-260. All on the shoot n see.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Almost forgot. The trigger is smooth as butter, and measured out at exactly 4.5 lbs.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
Cool thanks for the report. You're now spoiled and will have a hard time going back to a stock XD trigger.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts