Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya'll. I just wanted to share my new purchase with you good folks here on XDTalk. I, probably like many other folks, took good advantage of the first ever Crimson Trace rebate and bought a brand-new LG-431 for my excellent Ruger LCP from Optics Planet. I just can't tell you how much I love this pistol, and with Speer's excellent 90gr Gold Dot I do not feel undergunned if it's the only gun I can carry on a rare occasion. Well enjoy the pics.

And this final picture is where I hope to take it someday. I want the slide, barrel, and pins NP3+'d, and Robar to do their famous stippling on the grip. By the way, this pic is from Robar's website.

And does anyone have any opinions on NP3+? I've heard lots of good things, but I always like to hear both sides of a story.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I just recently bought a LCP for the first time and am moving it. I don't feel undergunned at all, either, using Speer Gold Dots in it. 6+1 + 6 in a reload is great for those hot summer days. And the accuracy is a lot better than people give it credit for.

I had considered buying the Laserguard, but haven't decided yet if I'm going to.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I absolutely love mine, as the LCP's sights are so small and it extends the range quite a bit. And it adds almost no weight at all.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've had that set up for years. What's the big deal? Gov. Rick Perry of Texas killed a coyote that attacked his dog last year with it. I probably paid less for mine, than you did, even with the rebate.

Sounds like you're looking for another coupon from Optics Planet or Speer for making this post. Glad you're happy with Optics Planet. I'll never order another thing from them. I won't whore for anybody. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had that set up for years. What's the big deal? Gov. Rick Perry of Texas killed a coyote that attacked his dog last year with it. I probably paid less for mine, than you did, even with the rebate.

Sounds like you're looking for another coupon from Optics Planet or Speer for making this post. Glad you're happy with Optics Planet. I'll never order another thing from them. I won't whore for anybody. Just sayin'.
Yikes. Easy there buddy. I'm not whoring for anybody. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them or whatever, but I was just trying to share a good deal. I thought this forum was a place where good news was welcomed. If not, I'll be happy to delete this thread.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
CT gave me a free $50 holster when I bought mine. Robar is excellent, but it will cost you more than the pistol is worth. Mine took about 6 weeks or so, they said it is usually a much longer wait.

Good luck & congrats on a sweet BUG.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CT gave me a free $50 holster when I bought mine. Robar is excellent, but it will cost you more than the pistol is worth. Mine took about 6 weeks or so, they said it is usually a much longer wait.

Good luck & congrats on a sweet BUG.
So 6 weeks is a short wait for them? Well, I guess there's a reason that folks say that good things are worth waiting for :)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Responded to you over on GT, but look at tractiongrips.com for some adhesive backed grips. They feel like a stipple job and stick very, very well. I highly suggest them for the $6 or so investment. I tried cutting the hogue grip to fit and I didn't like it. It kept slipping off and grabbed my skin and shirt on my CB micro tuck. This doesn't pose those problems.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
And this final picture is where I hope to take it someday. I want the slide, barrel, and pins NP3+'d, and Robar to do their famous stippling on the grip. By the way, this pic is from Robar's website.

And does anyone have any opinions on NP3+? I've heard lots of good things, but I always like to hear both sides of a story.
Don't count on getting the pins NP3ed, they are made of plastic and can't be plated.
If your LCP is an older one, the mag release is plastic too.
I had to order a metal mag release from Ruger when I had my slide, take down pin, mag release, slide stop, and CTC screws Electroless Nickeled a few years ago.
I had CCR do it, they call it Ceraplate..
I stripped the gun and sent the parts I wanted plated.
http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/info.htm

I also don't care for stippling of polymer pistols, but knock yourself out.
I like the Hogue Handall Jr, it adds a little girth to the grip.
Also the mag finger extension base-plate helps to keep a grip on the LCP.
But I'd only use the Ruger factory extensions, the other after market ones are too big IMHO..
And if you do decide to get your pistol parts refinished or plated, disassemble the LCP yourself and send the parts you need done.
If you don't send the fire control unit (part with the serial number), then you can send it USPS Priority for about $5.
If you send the entire pistol you have to pay Next Day Air/overnight service using UPS or FedEx, one way $50 or $60.

Never had a problem with the Hogue grip slipping off, grabbing my skin, turning on the laser, or any other issues.

As you can see the rubber barely touches the skin in a micro tuck.
Besides that I always wear a wife beater when I belt carry any pistol.

Oh yeah, those mag extensions..

My barrel and guide rod are polished, not plated..

PM me if you need instructions on taking your LCP apart...;)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
1Lowlife is great and everything he suggests about the LCP is true. His comments and recommendations were considered in my decision making. In fact, that CB was purchased from 1L and I love it.

The Hogue grip works, but I didn't see the benefit over the Traction Grips. The rubbing was more of an annoyance than a problem and may not bother you at all if you go with one. 1L's trick of stretching the grips works and after a couple of days on the CTC, I never had any unintentional laser activations.

Heck, if you want my Hogue, you can have it if you'll pay for the shipping. Just hit me up with a PM.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sorry Slim. I guess I sounded a little over the top. I get e-mails from online companies I deal with who offer "special pricing" or a money off coupon for mentioning thier product on forum sites. I meant that "I" don't whore for anyone.

Also, that that particular CT guard has been around a long while and it's nothing new. I love mine and hope you'll be happy with yours.

I actaully had a couple of bad experiences with OP and as far as lasers, I have several and I only buy from Chuck at Shooter's Resource.

AAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm a whore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man, that is more information that I ever thought I'd get on this subject. Thank you all for your posts and you know who for your PM's clarifying some things. This forum really is great. Thanks again everybody!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Also realize that the .380 in such a short barrel will not likely expand. FMJ may be the way to go. Gold Dots already don't expand well through clothing in larger calibers.

Just a thought.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts