Springfield XD Forum banner

New Compensator Now Slide Not Cycling Everytime

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fairbanks007 
#1 ·
Hello fellow XD’ers,

I put a new compensator on my XD Mod. 2, 9mm, 4”. The vertical recoil travel went from 2” to approximately 1”. I’m very happy with it.However, now the cartridges don’t eject fully and get stuck between the slide and the feed ramp.

I’m guessing I need a lighter recoil spring. If so, what size and where might I find one?

Could having a lighter spring ruin the gun in any way, say if I’m using a higher grain bullet?

#2 ·
Question: is this happening with every round, or just sometimes? If it's the latter, double, triple, quadruple check that adding the compensator hasn't changed the way you grip the pistol. I know, I know...that's Basic Pistol Shooting 101, but isn't everything just basics? I had a similar problem with a 1911 when I changed the thumb safety. My thumb was slowing the slide just enough to interfere with ejecting the spent round. I couldn't even feel my thumb contacting the slide, but lowering my grip just a millimeter or two solved the problem. This would be your simplest and least expensive fix.

If the above doesn't work, you might find this article on preventing jams in compensated pistols helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.