Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had, and carried, 4" full size XD40 and XD45s and also a Compact Tactical (5" Small frame) XD45. Wonderful CC pistols during fall and winter but a bit large for summer. I found an XD40SC 3" today and a couple of 12-rd mags with X-Tensions. This set-up looks ideal for summer carry with the flush fit mag in the pistol and the 12-rd mags in belt pouch for reloads.

Tomorrow is a range day with .45 Compact Tactical to be tested against XD40SC. Stay tuned.

FH

PS-I'll be asking a couple of my instructor pals to evaluate printing, accuracy, etc.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
I have had, and carried, 4" full size XD40 and XD45s and also a Compact Tactical (5" Small frame) XD45. Wonderful CC pistols during fall and winter but a bit large for summer. I found an XD40SC 3" today and a couple of 12-rd mags with X-Tensions. This set-up looks ideal for summer carry with the flush fit mag in the pistol and the 12-rd mags in belt pouch for reloads.

Tomorrow is a range day with .45 Compact Tactical to be tested against XD40SC. Stay tuned.

FH

PS-I'll be asking a couple of my instructor pals to evaluate printing, accuracy, etc.
Please expand on "belt pouch."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts