Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been carrying my XD9SC for a few months but wanted something a little smaller to carry now that it's getting hot down here. I picked up this Kahr pm40 at a great price so I'm gonna give it a try. I think it will work for times when I'm not able to dress around the gun. Plus it's just a sweet looking little gun.:)

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
I also carry the xdsc and thought of trying a smaller option this looks good. How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I like my Kahr, but don't love it....Long trigger...but pretty smooth. Even the 9mm kicks pretty good. I do keep it in my car as a BUG and it fits in a pocket holster very nicely. They are pricey!!

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I've been carrying my XD9SC for a few months but wanted something a little smaller to carry now that it's getting hot down here. I picked up this Kahr pm40 at a great price so I'm gonna give it a try. I think it will work for times when I'm not able to dress around the gun. Plus it's just a sweet looking little gun.:)

May I suggest that you investigate the KAHRTALK forum as they are dedicated to help break it in right. There is a specific sticky/thread that walks you through step by step and the pictures are awesome! I think it was Kahr Tech if not mistaken. Gives excellent info! Wish you the best with new toy as my CW45 has nice feel, not too bad on recoil and one of the smoothest triggers I have pulled for a stock pistol. Keep us posted and visit Kahrtalk - you won't regret it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
They are nice lil guns but if im gonna go with something that tiny id go with the kimber.... especially for the price

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Kahrs are the single stack pistols Sprinfield should have made. They have that XD feel to them. They are of high quality and said they need 200 rounds through them to break in. My PM9 like my XD9sc was good to go right off the shelf and has remained that way for the last 1000+rounds. Never a single issue even though I tried to limp wrist it to see how the pistol would react if I had and injured hand or wrist.
The trigger pull is long but very smooth and only gets better with age as does the rest of the pistol. I carry one of my pistols almost everyday but the PM9 is by far the one I carry the most. Congrat on your new Pistol

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've already been reading over at Kahr talk. :D You have to feed the addiction. I'm working on breaking it in as they say to right now.

I payed less out the door for a new gun than any used one I have seen. I wanted a 9mm, like the LC9, but couldn't even find on to look at. The .40 is pretty snappy, nothing like shooting my xd. Once I found out the deal I could get the Kahr was a better gun for the money.

·
Registered
895 Posts
you get what u pay for..... i shot a pm9 and hated it, very long trigger pull very hard to get used to, it feels like you are pulling an inch of travel and its very hard to isolate your trigger finger thus i was shooting way way way low 70% of the time. if you could get a lot of practice and gain the muscle memory it could be a decent small carry gun, but to me a gun that uou can't hit your target with is a useless, pointless, careless weapon to use for a life threatening situation. JUST MY OPINION! the quality of manufacturing was excellent on a plus note.
also the mk elite model kahr supposedly has a better trigger but a very high price tag.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's definitely not like shooting the XD for sure.

I got my Remora Holster today.

With my iPhone 4 for some perspective on the size of it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got a new Theis Holster in the mail yesterday. It's a pretty nice holster. Here are some pics.

Next to my XD9sc

·
Banned
744 Posts
I'm considering the PM9. I got the compact 40 XDm and love it. But, it seems like a PITA to conceal carry. Maybe I'm still too new to it.

However, I would still like a pocket 9 and Kahr seems like the way to go. Was looking at the ruger LC9 but Kahr seems a little nicer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I was carrying a Glock 23, and wanted something a little easier to carry/conceal. ended up with the Kahr CW40. Shoots well, (although those grips beat up your hands!!). A Hogue Jr grip took care of that. Now can shoot it all day with no problems. Have had only one small problem with it after close to 1000 rounds through. That was just a learning curve!! Am very happy with it.

Good luck with yours. I highly suggest them to anyone looking for a good priced, single stack semi-auto.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
I like my PM 40. I shoot it well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm considering the PM9. I got the compact 40 XDm and love it. But, it seems like a PITA to conceal carry. Maybe I'm still too new to it.

However, I would still like a pocket 9 and Kahr seems like the way to go. Was looking at the ruger LC9 but Kahr seems a little nicer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I like is so far but I can't carry it in a pocket. It's to big and heavy for me. The pm/cm9 is a tad bit thinner but not much.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Real nice Kahr. Don't that holster get hot and sweaty with the IWB rig?
It does but this is FL so everything is going to be that way. OWB isn't really practical for me so I just have to deal with it. They say the horsehide is better for that than cowhide is. I;ve carried my XD in that black one which is cowhide all day outside. It wasn't as bad as you would think.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Seems like everyone is juming on the Kahr train lately. They are awesome, I own 3 :)

For a Double Action trigger, it is by far the BEST in the market. Smooth as glass, no creep, no stacking. It just glides. It's not hard to master with just a little practice. I like it better than the Glock, HK, or XD. Only the M&P or a 1911 is better to me.

Carry with the flush magazine, have an extra extended magazine on the hip or in a pocket & you have quite a few rounds in a light, reliable, and accurate pistol

Lots of holster choices out there now. They are also a great backup as I use it now on duty.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts