Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok sharing time guys. Been on the lookout for a new carry piece lately in either 380 or 9mm. Checked out all kinds of brands this past summer being careful not to rush in, from pocket guns to sub compacts. This morning I came across this one in a private deal and liked it very much that I had to have it. Price, about what a LC380 out the door at a local shop would go for. This one was made in 1993 and came with the original box, two mags, and paperwork. Dissassembly and cleaning was a breeze, the only question is how it shoots. Unfortunately 380 ammo is kind of hard to find, but eventually I'll get to it with the gunshow coming up in two weeks. Anyways take a look, and let me know what ya' think.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Ooo minty.

I need to handle one. It's got great lines like the PPK. I love PPKs but they don't love me. More slide bite than you can shake a stock at.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's in great shape, internals look good. Be surprised if it was shot more than once a year. I opened the bag with the manual and it had the original sales recipe from 1993. Any recommendations for carry ammo? Never had a 380 before, been thinking of just loading it with some ball ammo when I find some. Also, I think this gun needs to be sporting some wood grips in the future.

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
It's in great shape, internals look good. Be surprised if it was shot more than once a year. I opened the bag with the manual and it had the original sales recipe from 1993. Any recommendations for carry ammo? Never had a 380 before, been thinking of just loading it with some ball ammo when I find some. Also, I this gun needs some wood grips in the future.
I'd just carry it with ball.

Although, it's got a long enough barrel that if it feeds XTP's, they'd be worth consideration.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd just carry it with ball.

Although, it's got a long enough barrel that if it feeds XTP's, they'd be worth consideration.
I'll check out the xtp's. One of the lgs generally has a assortment of the regular hornady xtp boxes. Gm had flex tip critical defense but I passed on it.

Wheres da like button on dis mutha!?
I like too.

I like Win pdx1 if not ball.

Im genuinely jealous, great buy
Thanks dudes. It's a neat gun, like it very much.

Always loved these.
Me too. I remember seeing a movie in the 90's where one of the detectives had a stainless P230 which looked bad ass. The price on a new P232 had always made me pass on them and consider other options, so when I seen the asking price in the local ad I jumped on it quick.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I want one in Luger <sigh>

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Nacho, Im growing to love the trigger on the full size framed P series guns(226/220)
Is the trigger similar to those guns?

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Nacho, Im growing to love the trigger on the full size framed P series guns(226/220)
Is the trigger similar to those guns?
Not sure, never shot a P226. Factory specs says about 10lb double and 5lb single, feels a bit lighter on both ends. Decocking the hammer it will sit at half cock for carry. What I can say is I like the trigger better than the pull on my Beretta 92 compact:).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts