Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Browning 1911-380

Looks pretty cool. If only .380 was as cheap as it should be...

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Since it's the same size as their 22 1911 I wonder if it's blowback as well.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RIA has a .380 1911 coming out, too...would be a fun plinker.
Funny that you say that. It reminds me of, and looks a lot like a RIA.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Interesting...I'd like to shoot one but probably would never buy one.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I have not seen many 1911 that I would not be interested in. This would be on that short list though. 1911 in 380? No thanks

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
I noticed that. If it keeps costs down and we also get that sweet frontstrap checkering, I'm good with it. Wonder how much it weighs? I know they said 2-3 oz more than subcompacts, but there's quite a wide range of weights in that class.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have nothing against .380 but if they really wanted to sell a bunch of them they should have gone 9mm. I have little interest in adding 380 to my ammo list sadly I will be passing on this 1911. To bad as it seems to be a perfect size

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
I have nothing against .380 but if they really wanted to sell a bunch of them they should have gone 9mm. I have little interest in adding 380 to my ammo list sadly I will be passing on this 1911. To bad as it seems to be a perfect size
It tends to be difficult to shoehorn a 9mm cartridge in a platform initially designed to be .22LR...

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
I'm intrigued look forward to shooting it.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Springfield EMP is pretty nice gun and from what I understand it was designed 100% with the 9mm in mind. I want one, but I have not bought one yet because I don't see many and when I do it seems that I don't have the grand to spend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts