Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a Bi-tone Xds .45 and came in last week. Ordered Truglo TFO's as well and they just got installed. Fantastic sights. I have been a Trijicon fan for many years, but these are superior. The daylight viability is amazing, and the tritium as good as any brand. I saw some posts about only a 90 day warranty for Truglo, but the package info says 12 year limited warranty. Shot the Xds for first time yesterday with 100 rds and it performed beautifully. Think it will see lots of CCW time and my G27/G36/PM9 less. Next mod is couple of Logman's cut down 6 rd mags.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, love those sights. Congrats.
Thanks, they are going on my G27 as soon as I can locate a set. I'm worried about the temptation to upgrade other guns that have perfectly good Trijocons ! Also would love a set for this guy :

Attachments

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Good for you!

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
What I do NOT like about the tritium augmented sights is that after a period of time, you have to replace them.

The TFOs on my XD45c are getting near the end of their life....not sure if I'm going to spend all that money again or not.
My TFO's are over a year and are still just as bright as the day I got them. How long have you had yours can you take a picture ? I've never seen a dead set of TFO's.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Thanks, they are going on my G27 as soon as I can locate a set. I'm worried about the temptation to upgrade other guns that have perfectly good Trijocons ! Also would love a set for this guy :
:jealous:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What I do NOT like about the tritium augmented sights is that after a period of time, you have to replace them.

The TFOs on my XD45c are getting near the end of their life....not sure if I'm going to spend all that money again or not.
True, all night sights have this issue. But you should get a good 10 years out of a set before them dim to the point of not being useful. I think $80 or so for 10 years is a small price to pay for having the night capability. What other option is there?

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
My TFO's are over a year and are still just as bright as the day I got them. How long have you had yours can you take a picture ? I've never seen a dead set of TFO's.
Tritium has a half life of slightly more than 12 years.....which at that point it is considered not viable for its intended purpose. The TFOs on my XD45c have been in place for over 7 years. I've no idea how long the tritium was produced (for lack of a better term) before it ended up in the vials that were used for my sights. I can easily notice a definite decrease in light output.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Congrats on the gun. The sights are awesome! I've been stalking James' website for about 3 weeks for the green/yellow TFO's to come back in stock. Once they do I'll be ordering 3 sets and sending out the slides. TruGlo needs to hurry up and send James the sights...I'm getting anxious!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tritium has a half life of slightly more than 12 years.....which at that point it is considered not viable for its intended purpose. The TFOs on my XD45c have been in place for over 7 years. I've no idea how long the tritium was produced (for lack of a better term) before it ended up in the vials that were used for my sights. I can easily notice a definite decrease in light output.
Very true. You can plan on replacing them in a coupe years. But if you get 10 good years out of the set, and a installed set is around $100 ( just paid $95 for mine with install) your looking at 10 bucks a year. Small price to pay IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts