Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the S&W M&P15A today. While it seemed to be overpriced, I went ahead and grabbed it. Felt like crap after -- always do when spending money on a 'want', but what's done is done.

Anyways, for you AR owners, what accessories/upgrades do you feel is essential for YOU. I know no accessory is necessary, I just want some opinions of things I should look at for my new rifle.

*Pics will come when I'm not being lazy.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
The accessories you choose will depend on your use for the rifle.
Right now, mags and ammo should be on your list.
Get a feel for the basic rifle, and then decide what you feel is needed.
After that, the sky and your wallet is the limit.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Ammo
mags {Not Clips:mrgreen:}
A good sling
If you don't have a good cleaning kit/vise, get one.
A spare parts kit.
A different pistol grip

Just what I have done with mine....

Woof
Bowser

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Magazines
Ammunition
Grips
Stocks
Optics like Eotech, Aimpoint, Accog, etc.
Flashlight & Mount
Forward Grip
etc, etc.

This is my first BRD rifle that I built ...

The only thing that isn't pictured is my new Samson low profile gas block and the front Troy Battle Sight.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
if your feeling bad on the purchase then the only necessary Is mags and ammo the rest will make you feel even worse, like Mike said the sky and your wallet are your only limits

you can opt for rails but they are more of a Tacticool thing for most, you can get rails ranging from ultra cheap UTG for $60 up to half as much as you probably spent on the gun for the top names. Other than looking tacitcool they do serve a purpose as it makes mounting a VFG, Lights, lasers, Bi Pods ect ect ect a lot easier.

better stocks, again from $60 for a Magpul MOE to several hundred dollars.

Pistol Grips, Rail Covers (to protect that investment), Optics, Optic mounts, BUIS, parts repairs kits, better trigger, extra bolt, extra firing pins carry bag,

for me a must was a reloading press so i could afford to shoot it somewhat regularly.

a simple $1000 play toy could result in your wallet suffering from seperation anxiety

basically to get a feel for what you think you would like to transform your rile in to check out the AR picture thread stickied to the top of the page. there is everything from the basic plain jane pure vanilla AR to the most tricked out Rifle with thousands of dollars worth of upgrades and accessories.

as this sits i have about $1450 invested in it. but some of the parts were bought USED but in excellent condition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts