Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here is my new toy...as I mentioned, I'm new to these rifles, so any input about this one would be helpful.

I purchased it on Saturday for $500. It has never been fired, has a DC Industries reciever, Tapco G2 trigger, UTG quad-rail, theaded muzzle and came with four 30-rd Magpro magazines. Is this a good deal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I am guessing it is a Yugo kit on the DCI receiver (DCI's are the best US Receivers IMHO)...looks like a nice rifle to me!! Now you need a couple thousand rounds of ammo and at least another half dozen or more mags and you are GTG!!! :)

Enjoy your new rifle!!

·
Premium Member
127,083 Posts
That is a dangerous piece of crap! Send it to me and I will destroy it for you. ;)

P.S. Congratulations!

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Very nice!

Tacticoool in black!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I am guessing it is a Yugo kit on the DCI receiver (DCI's are the best US Receivers IMHO)...looks like a nice rifle to me!! Now you need a couple thousand rounds of ammo and at least another half dozen or more mags and you are GTG!!! :)

Enjoy your new rifle!!

probably a romanian kit, doesnt look at all like a yugo :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Great looking rifle. Wish I could find one around here for that kind of price in that kind of shape with those features.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Very nice, Congrats

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
That's one sweet looking rifle!!!!

Are you gonna "Tac" it out and hang stuff on the rails?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I purchased it from a friend of a friend in Overland Park. The builder said he built three of them and was planning on keeping one for himself, but his wife told him otherwise (where have I heard that?). I don't plan on hanging any tacti-cool accessories on it...at least for a while. Money is kind of tight right now and like someone else suggested, I need to stock up on ammo ASAP.

Out of curiosity, how does one determine if it is a Yugo or a Romy?

Also, there is a quarter-dollar sized circular "trapdoor" on the butt-plate of the buttstock...and under the "trapdoor" is a spring of some kind inside the tubular cavity. Anybody know what this is?

Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I purchased it from a friend of a friend in Overland Park. The builder said he built three of them and was planning on keeping one for himself, but his wife told him otherwise (where have I heard that?). I don't plan on hanging any tacti-cool accessories on it...at least for a while. Money is kind of tight right now and like someone else suggested, I need to stock up on ammo ASAP.

Out of curiosity, how does one determine if it is a Yugo or a Romy?

Also, there is a quarter-dollar sized circular "trapdoor" on the butt-plate of the buttstock...and under the "trapdoor" is a spring of some kind inside the tubular cavity. Anybody know what this is?

Thanks.
If your friend of a friend has another one for sale, let me know. I'd be glad to take one of his hands locally.

What you have is most likely a Romy kit. Look at the left side rear sight block. Is there a 'G' imprinted?

BTW...Congratulations! It looks like a nice rifle.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep...big "G" on rear sight block. Thanks. If I may ask, how did you know that it was a Romanian just by looking at it?

I know I bought the last of the 3 he recently built, but I'll send him a message and see if he plans on building any more in the near future.

Question to all you AK buffs out there: Are there any books, etc that you would consider "required reading" to help familiarize myself with this rifle and its history, repair, idiosyncrasies?

Much obliged!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts