Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the weekend I went down to a little store in Owensboro KY - Whittakers Guns to buy a CZ rifle... I picked that up but found a deal I couldn't refust. I purchased a SA XD 9mm Tactical for under $415! Seemed like a good deal to me... I have been looking to replace my Ruger P95 for a while, but hadn't made up my mind.

I have not really been a fan of the wondernine class of guns since I bought my first 1911 a year ago, but the XD seems to be a really well put together gun. The grip to me feels pretty instinctive like my 1911. I also like the 5" length due to a longer sight picture which typically leads to better accuracy. The frame to slide fit is also nice, somewhat comparable to a 1911. No disrespect to Glock, their is a reason they are the 800-pound gorilla, but I just don't find them very comfortable to handle.

Anyway... I have a couple questions for you guys...

First I want to add a light/laser to the picanty rail. What is the best one out there, the Streamlight M-6X? Is it worth the extra money for the power over the older 6? I heard Burris was coming out with one that looks pretty cool. Any info. on this? I would like to use this to hunt ***** and 'Skrats at night in KY (it is legal).

Also, anyone have the magwell and bump pads? I think I might be interested in this if people like them. I like them on my 1911.

Thanks from a new XD owner!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Got no answers on your questions. :cry: but someone will be along I am sure. :D Welcome to the forum, you will like that Tactical, I sure like mine.
I have a CZ-527 in 7.62x39. A excellent "plinker" for when I am not using a SKS or MAK90. What kind of CZ rifle did you get? oh yeah, mine has the set trigger. Excellent! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a cz american .22 LR... Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but it gets rave reveiws by other owners... I have to admit, the bolt feels like it is running over sandpaper, I might have to take my dremel to it... But it should be a fun gun... Ran 10 rounds through my XD last night not one malfunction. More than I can say for my Kimber Team Match which cost almost three times as much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My kimber runs great.... Now anyways... The problem with 1911's is that they require a break-in period (around 500 rounds). I had one FTE during my first magazine in my team match. After that I probably had half-a-dozen through the first 500 rounds... Since that I don't remember any failures. I love that gun, but have to admit from a reliability standpoint, the wondernines are probably better than 1911's, especially if you take into account the price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts