Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
Long time lurker, just signed up from Willis, TX. I am an old timer, been shooting for over 50 years. I recently had my entire collection of guns stolen by a drug addict step son and had to start all over again. I researched and researched some more about what handgun for C.C. to get and decided on the XDM 9 mm. Most of my experience has been with long rifles and shotguns although I had a Ruger Redhawk 44 mag for hog hunting and a S&W 686 .357 mag. for self protection and C.C. I had let my C.C. licence expire and took the course again to get my licence back. I picked up a Crossbreed Holster OWB to carry. and also bought a Tokyo Marui Airsoft .40 for a training tool. I bought 1000 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124 +P rounds to get better oriented with my new tool. I really like the real gun, except for the trigger, and can't hardly see the sights due to old eyes. After reading this sight, I ordered a PRP trigger kit and have sent it off to James from XD-hs2000 to install and also have him install the Tru-Glo TFO sights for it. I have based most of my decisions for set-up on the great information I got from this sight. That is my story and look forward to participating in this sight.

Shoot straight!

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Welcome from Ga. Sorry to hear about the theft of your guns. I also own XDM 3.8 9mm and absolutely love it. It makes my Glock 19 and other like weapons look 2nd rate. I've added a trigger kit and sights also. Look forward to hearing your feedback from shooting it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome from another 3.8 owner

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I have the same gun and same bullets, they're both awesome! Welcome from VA!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee. I have the same pistol, and lately my favorite holster seems to be the Strut holster from Contact Concealment.
Saving my pennies for the James treatment.
Have only fired 500 rounds, so I am still on the fence on the trigger, but have not major issues with it at this time.
My only mod thus far is Talon rubberized grips, which are great.

Still trying to figure out a comfortable non-printing way to carry 19 round magazines.

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hello from just around the corner (in Texas terms) in Friendswood. I've got the exact same pistol, my first S-A pistol. I'm sorry to hear about the theft. I hope the thief has been convicted and serving the appropriate sentence.

·
Super Moderator
46,418 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts