Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Guardian landed yesterday. Took it to the range and was highly impressed. DW is really turning out some high quality 1911's, especially in their price range. Head shots on a B-27 at 15 and 25 yards offhand were easier than any gun I've ever shot. I won't it's the most accurate gun I own, but I think it's the most accurate gun that I shoot. Groups at 7 and 10 yards were as tight as most guns would be at 3 and 5 yards. Ran 100 rounds of WWB FMJ out of it, as well as several mags of Winchester Silver Tips. Zero malfunctions, which was a surprise, as the factory DW mags "appear" to be junk, yet they performed flawlessly. I'll be having a Kart 38 Super barrel fitted to this one, so it'll be a versatile CC gun after it's all said and done. :D Just can't get over the accuracy of my last 2 DW's (CCO in .45 and this one). If anyone is looking for an ideal IDPA gun in 1911, I would highly recommend a DW 9mm Guardian. Shoots baby soft and is silly accurate. I'll be getting some Tripp Cobra mags, once the 38 Super barrel is installed and will most likely pick up a few Wilson's to boot. Set this one up just like the DW CCO, with a Harrison short solid trigger and a set of thin VZ Operator grips. Great DW duo. :D

Here's the matching CCO. :)

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
316 Posts
I liked the VBOB I bought so much, that I bought the CCO the following week. These are excellent guns for the price. Looking forward to trying the Guardian.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts