Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big news huh! Problem is that the slide release is horrible with this in. It's nice without a mag or with 5 rounders, but put the 7rd in and it's crap. I would hate to have to rely on that in a time of need. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thankfully my XDS works just fine useing the overhand method or I would have dumped it a long time ago.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I never had any luck with the 7rds even after SA exchanged them. Never did get a good answer about the 7rd mag issues with the 45.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well after about 4 magazines of rounds the slide release feels great. I was shooting reman rounds and 0 issues after 200 rounds today. Complete prp spring kit installed. Other than one hot load. Hell that woke me up! The gun functioned flawlessly. Now it's all about learning the gun and sending lots of rounds down range!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Both of my 7 round magazines work just fine. No issues at all.

I did put stiffer springs in my 5 round magazines. The gun has been flawless since.

Fitch

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i dont have an XD-s, but when my XD service was new the mag release would stick. after i played with it a few nights watching TV it was fine. work with it a while. should smooth out.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The two I have work fine! One came with the gun the other I bought, they are my full time carry mags.

Maybe yours will free up more as you use them...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts