Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new 45 XD owner here. I just got my first XD last night, trading a 1911 for the XD plus cash. I really liked the 1911 (my first, I had had it just a couple of weeks) but finances compel me to downgrade for now. I'll miss the Colt; black slide, hard-chromed frame, comp'ed barrel, the works- I got it in a trade for a Saiga I converted back to AK status. Beautiful gun, but I wanted more capacity, and a gun that was designed to feed more reliably (not that I had problems with it, but the Glock and XD are designed with reliability in mind, as opposed to accuracy.) I will own another one at some point, when things loosen up.....

So I took this 45 XD in trade for it, and have not shot it yet. I broke it down last night and it seems pretty simple, much like the Glocks I've had. I like the ease of maintenance and durability- I don't care for guns that have to be babied.

After selling for bills, I still have the XD45, a S&W Bodyguard .38 Spl in my wife' struck, and a chromed Luger I was given (1940 model that a GI brought back after WW2). Later this summer, I plan to buy another Draco AK pistol to keep around. The Draco is cheap ($350), compact, light, takes 7.62x39 ammo and is surprisingly accurate, even without a buttstock (a sling around the right arm provides tension and steadies the aim, much like a butt), and they don't show the problems associated with WASRs, which run close to the same price.

W00T! Wife should be home soon, which means I get to go shoot my new (to me) pistol!

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Welcome from Northern California!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

Just got back from firing the XD. Muzzle flip is a bit more than the compensated 1911 was, but I already sourced a barrel and comp online. It certainly isn't uncontrollable or anything (I'm 6'0/240). but I'm a muzzle brake person; I used them on all my AKs and it does make a difference in muzzle rise, and therefore, follow-up shots. Anyway, it's always fun to have a new gun.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Welcome to XDTalk from Central CA!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome fellow SA owner! Great choice with the XD .45!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Howdy, where do you go to shoot?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.