Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a new xd 45acp compact service model. i'm happy with the gun except for one thing. when i insert a fully loaded magazine, it is very difficult to seat...i have to push very hard. once the fully loaded magazine is seated, i have to push the mag release button very hard to release mag. i have 4 mags...3 #13 round mags and 1 #10 round mag. i have the same issue with all the mags. the fewer rounds i have in the mag, the easier it is to seat and to release. a #13 round mag starts to seat and release at a level which i would consider appropriate (based on any other semi-auto pistol i have ever handled) when it has 10 rounds in the mag instead of 13.
anybody else have same issue? it kind of defeats purpose of 13 +1 gun if i can only put 10 rounds in it. i appreciate any thought.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yep.... brand new the mag springs are really stiff with use they will get better. When you store the mags fill them up so the spring is fully compresssed.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
put the mag in with the slide back and then drop the slide to load the round. with the slide back the mag slides right in

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
There are several posts on the topic that you can find with a simple search.

I have had the same problem initially. It was temporal and at this point it is no longer a problem, even with the extended 16 round magazines.

If you have the time and patience, you can do what I did (which I think helped speed things up) by leaving the fully loaded mag in the gun for a few days and then insert, eject, insert and repeat many times over a few days.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
put the mag in with the slide back and then drop the slide to load the round. with the slide back the mag slides right in
That won't help with the +1 will it?

OP just give it some time. They will get better.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
That won't help with the +1 will it?

OP just give it some time. They will get better.
no but if 13 rounds of 45 wont do it 14 wont either
but i do carry +1 in my 40

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
This IS NOT a problem with your weapon....we see this question all the time.

Your weapon is a TACTICAL DEFENSE WEAPON and the last thing you would want is for the mag to come out easily. If you were in a gunfight or a struggle over the weapon, you want the mag to hold on so you can defend yourself.

The mag is easier than you think to remove. Simply push up on the bottom of the fully loaded mag, which releases the pressure on the catch, and it will come right out.

Once again...this IS NOT a defective problem with your weapon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
well it is significantly easier to release the mag once it is unloaded and the slide is locked back. and that is the only time you will need to release the mag quickly is when you are shooting. and i load mine 13+1 and it goes in rather easily. although when im carrying its usually only loaded with 8-10 +1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts