Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello first off I'm brand new to the forum. I recently traded my xd 40 with v-10 ports for a brand new xdm 45 competition. I love the look and feel of the competition. Although I do have some questions. Ill be honest Didn't really research the gun first. I just couldn't pass up the deal. It was trade my 40 for the 45 plus 200 bucks. So I think I got a great deal.

My questions are never owned a compitiion pistol before. Is there certain ammo I should use?? I know the gun is based of the xdm so I'm assuming I can use any ammo I want. But just want to verify before I go shoot this weekend.
Also I like the fiber optic front sight but in a situation at the house in the dark can't really see it. I was thinking maybe a tac light on the bottom for that or a friend suggested looking for fiber optic that also glows.
I guess I kind got the gun for shooting maybe interring competitions later and home defense. Any issues with using it for that? Any info at all on the gun as far as things that are not on springfields web page would be greatly appreciated. Also thanks for all the info in the past I have received by looking on the forum

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=30.030822,-89.910873

·
Registered
667 Posts
Use my 45acp xdm comp gun for idpa, home defense and CC, great all around gun, Btw, the receiver (frame) of the xdm will accept the 4.5 slide or the 5.25 comp. slide. Like having 2 guns for 1, not a bad deal!!

·
Registered
667 Posts
interesting to know, if you are in a competition and one slide have a hiccup, simply swap to the other slide and keep on going. After all, your trigger work, etc. stays the same.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point. I never shot comp yet but thinking about it. So any ideas on practice ammo?? Not reloading at the moment so factor stuff. I was thinking remmington UMC can get 250 rounds for like 80 bucks at walie world. Also what about a replacement fiber optic that glows so I can see it in the dark in the house??

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Use my 45acp xdm comp gun for idpa, home defense and CC, great all around gun, Btw, the receiver (frame) of the xdm will accept the 4.5 slide or the 5.25 comp. slide. Like having 2 guns for 1, not a bad deal!!
You still have to have 2 guns to interchange the slides! So how is it like having 2 guns for 1?

don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts