Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really excited about the .45 acp coming out finally, any word on when a tactical version will come out???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
The tactical is already being made. Here is a list of all the part numbers and dealer cost. 8)

SPXD961106 SPRGFLD XD45ACP 45ACP 4" BLK 10RD $437.08 Alloc
SPXD9611HC06 SPRGFLD XD45ACP 45ACP 4" BLK 13RD $437.08 Alloc
SPXD961206 SPRGFLD XD45ACP 45ACP 4" OD 10RD $437.08 Alloc
SPXD9612HC06 SPRGFLD XD45ACP 45ACP 4" OD 13RD $437.08 Alloc
SPXD961306 SPRGFLD XD45ACP 45ACP 4" BITONE 10RD $460.67 Alloc
SPXD9613HC06 SPRGFLD XD45ACP 45ACP 4" BITONE 13RD $460.67 Alloc
SPXD962106 SPRGFLD XD45ACP 45ACP 5" BLK 10RD $460.67 Alloc
SPXD9621HC06 SPRGFLD XD45ACP 45ACP 5" BLK 13RD $460.67 Alloc
SPXD962206 SPRGFLD XD45ACP 45ACP 5" OD 10RD $460.67 Alloc
SPXD9622HC06 SPRGFLD XD45ACP 45ACP 5" OD 13RD $460.67 Alloc
SPXD962306 SPRGFLD XD45ACP 45ACP 5" BITONE 10RD $460.67 Alloc
SPXD9623HC06 SPRGFLD XD45ACP 45ACP 5" BITONE 13RD $460.67 Alloc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ed Ely said:
havoc1969, welcome to the forum.

Ed
hivelocity, thanks bro

and Ed,,,, appreciate the welcome,,

I have been a glock fan for 20 plus years, but the xd feels much better in my hand, probably because of my constant use of the 1911 as well. I held back on getting an xd because of the lack of 45acp chambering... guess I don't have that excuse anymore,,,lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
I know there have been a few members on here paying $505 for their .45acp...do you think that is to be the standard pricing, or will it drop in the coming months? (asking as a result of dealer pricing being a good deal lower that the price paid by some members)

Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,885 Posts
havoc1969 said:
I am really excited about the .45 acp coming out finally, any word on when a tactical version will come out???
Welcome to the forum havoc...nice to have you aboard.

I know there have been a few members on here paying $505 for their .45acp...do you think that is to be the standard pricing, or will it drop in the coming months? (asking as a result of dealer pricing being a good deal lower that the price paid by some members)
I believe the price will modify once the volume picks up and they get wider dispersion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,801 Posts
TEAMSPRINGFIELD said:
I was told by Kieslers near Louisivlle to expect the Price to be around $510.00.
I'm surprised that the retail markup is so low. Is this typical for firearms?

If so, I guess I can be a bit more empathetic to the retailers on their prices for used guns....and even on their insistence in some instances of requiring patrons to purchase ammo from them to be used on their ranges.

Most retailers have far greater markups on new merchandise. "Keystone markup" is usually expressed as 50% but that really means 100% since they sell for double what the cost is. And while I don't know a lot about retail, I have always been under the impression that "Keystone markup" is the standard in the retail business.
http://www.marketingpower.com/mg-dictionary-view1662.php

Peace, and Merry Christmas to all,
D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Delija said:
TEAMSPRINGFIELD said:
I was told by Kieslers near Louisivlle to expect the Price to be around $510.00.
I'm surprised that the retail markup is so low. Is this typical for firearms?

If so, I guess I can be a bit more empathetic to the retailers on their prices for used guns....and even on their insistence in some instances of requiring patrons to purchase ammo from them to be used on their ranges.

Most retailers have far greater markups on new merchandise. "Keystone markup" is usually expressed as 50% but that really means 100% since they sell for double what the cost is. And while I don't know a lot about retail, I have always been under the impression that "Keystone markup" is the standard in the retail business.
http://www.marketingpower.com/mg-dictionary-view1662.php

Peace, and Merry Christmas to all,
D.
Peace, and Merry Christmas to all,

After spending 31 years on retail i can tell you that 50% is not common at all!!! Best buy runs at about 22% Furniture in my store ran at about 39% Comperters at best buy were under 6% printers worse than that. some stores that are more of a specialty shop can hit 50 points but walmart sure doesnt come close to that. Guns are a low margin item unless its a rare or price protected piece, an example would be vexilar fish locators. they all sell for the same price no matter where you buy them 299 for the fl8 and 399 for the fl18
D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,801 Posts
kgpcr said:
Peace, and Merry Christmas to all,

After spending 31 years on retail i can tell you that 50% is not common at all!!!


I'm glad I listened to my dad so many years ago when he told me to stay out of retail!

Thanks for the info. Interesting.

Peace and Merry Christmas,
D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
When I bought my Public Safety discounted Glock, the dealer told me that they made 10%...I bought for $399, meaning that cost on the Glock was roughly $360. Most places around here charge $499-$519 for the same model. That's $140 to $160 mark-up, or 38-44%.



roy d....Just what I was told
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
The cost of doing biz' mandates a return on goods of around 30-40%.....anything above that is your cussion for the low deal's you might take in the future.

When your profit-marg' gets down below 30% you don't own a biz' to long unless you turn out some GIGANTIC! number's....

...in that case you would be getting preferrential-wholesale pricing from the Manufacturure's. (It's a reallity)

Now you also have to factor in the price-range of what you sell,....10% of a million-$ house ain't to shabby!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top