Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have been browsing on here for a while because i used to just dream of owning an XD one day. Well got a phone call this morning from my mom that my Christmas present was here and well, it was a .40 XD. To say the least i was excited. I know, i know, 21 years old and still getting presents, haha, but hey im an only child and only grandson. So who else is there to spend money on? just kidding, this is probably the last big Christmas for me, so i have to go out with a bang. Just wanted to say that so far i have learned a lot from just cruising around here so i thought that i might as well join since i am the new proud owner. I havent had a chance to burn some ammo yet, but maybe this week before we leave for thanksgiving travel.

See ya..

·
Registered
512 Posts
Enjoy it! As a new XD owner myself, I can attest to the fact that there's lots of good info here (plus it's a friendly bunch :D)

·
Registered
855 Posts
what is a decent cheap ammo to practice with?
I just started buying .40 practice ammo a week ago, but so far I've bought Blazer Brass 180 Grain for $12.57 per box at Wal-Mart and Blazer (w/aluminum cartridges) 165 Grain for $14.99 at a couple gun shops. Both should work fine in your XD, as will most ammo.

Winchester White Box (or WWB for short) is usually around $15 per box around here. You can also find Remington in the green and white box about the same price or maybe a buck or two more per box.

Warning: Blazer Brass is kind of dirty. Be prepared to clean your gun after each range visit, but you'd probably do that anyway. :)

Also, buy a few snap caps. It really helps to practice dry firing at home.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
what is a decent cheap ammo to practice with?
I just saw that a bow of WWB from Wally World was $28. WOW. I'm glad I reload.

BTW, welcome. And the disease is just setting in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the ammo prices.. i left work because i felt like hell this morning, maybe shooting will make me feel better. ;)

ill probably clean it everytime, just because im like that. I cant stand knowing that i have a dirty gun. this is my first pistol so cleaning should be fun.

You're right about the disease.. I am already looking at some of the 9 million things that i can buy for it.. haha

·
Registered
368 Posts
I just saw that a bow of WWB from Wally World was $28. WOW. I'm glad I reload.

BTW, welcome. And the disease is just setting in.

That's for 100 rnds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts