Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to swap the mag disconnect for a TK bushing. These things really are a bear to take down! Anyway I had a spare TRS laying around and a Levang comp in the parts bin so I thought I'd give her the treatment.
1107141953b-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
As someone's that's been in his 22/45 more than a few times, the disassembly of these pistols gets easier with some experience. Pistol looks good, now get out to the range and tell us how it shoots now that you've played around with it!

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
If takedown is the same as a ruger mark II, than they are indeed overly complicated to take down. Could have been made easier to do it, but it does get easier.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Great looking 22/45. Loved mine. Takedown sucked but after 10 or so takedowns it's easier

sent from the german sheperd next to me

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After doing it once I pretty much get it. It would be awesome if they figured out a way to separate the takedown pin from the mainspring. Not sure if they're all that tight brand new but this one was a bear!

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it out today and put about a hundred through it. Shot well with no malfunctions, trigger definitely needs work. There were a few times I had to check the safety or see if it jammed, just a creepy stiff trigger.

·
Registered
828 Posts
If takedown is the same as a ruger mark II, than they are indeed overly complicated to take down. Could have been made easier to do it, but it does get easier.
Exact, infuriatingly same way.

After doing it once I pretty much get it. It would be awesome if they figured out a way to separate the takedown pin from the mainspring. Not sure if they're all that tight brand new but this one was a bear!
There's a company that makes a "speed strip" kit for about $50 bucks that does exactly that. It's basically a screw-in pin that allows the bolt to be removed without touching the mainspring. The newest kit even ditches the mag safety and lightens the trigger significantly. I installed one on my 22/45 that is one of my 3 mark series pistols. I won't say that at $50 I'll do it to the others, but I will say I shoot the 22/45 version way more than the others, just for ease of cleaning. YMMV

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Got it out today and put about a hundred through it. Shot well with no malfunctions, trigger definitely needs work. There were a few times I had to check the safety or see if it jammed, just a creepy stiff trigger.
I acquired my first 22/45 about two years ago, and I'm now enamored with them. My first was kind of like a heavier version of yours...the 10149, with rails top and bottom. I installed the complete VQ kit in mine and now have a great little .22 with an excellent trigger.

I later bought a "standard" 22/45 Target model and only installed the VQ trigger in it. Honed and polished the engagement surfaces myself, and have a great trigger in it, also...but not quite as good as the VQ kit provides.

I've done the TK bushing, slingshot mod, and LCI disabling on both of my 22/45s. Love 'em!

I prefer having the laser on the bottom rail, but my holster won't accommodate that configuration.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I've had mine down about 10 times and while I enjoy shooting it doesn't get much trigger time because of the hassle. The Buckmark and the M&P get more trigger time.

I do like the lite model, it feels great in the hands.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
There is a kit available that makes takedown a lot quicker. I don't feel that I need it, but some of you might appreciate it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts