Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a S&W 1911SC a month ago with the intent to use it as my EDC, wanted a lighter than normal 1911 with bobtail or round butt in commander size. Just finished shooting it for the first time so I figured I would post some pics and a report.

First impression... It's noticeably lighter while holding and wearing it. This does make recoil a bit more noticeable compared to my Springer loaded but it's nothing crazy. This has an external extractor which I was a bit worried about but I figured I would give it a shot since SW has never let me down before. I put 500 rounds of mix of ammo through it today:

230 gr
WWB
American Eagle
Blazer Brass
Golden Saber

185 gr +p
Hydrashok

165 gr
Guard Dog

All of the ammo went through without a hiccup and the extractor pin stayed put (a known issue with the SW1911SC's that I'll have to keep my eye on). Overall I'm very happy with the purchase. There were a few competitors that I considered like the sig carry nightmare or the American Classic MAC, all others being out of my price range. Anyway, here's some pics:

IMG_20140910_185154756 by Waterheeter, on Flickr

IMG_20140910_185220421 by Waterheeter, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I think S&W has a pretty terrific reputation for having the external extractor figured out. Looks like a terrific pistol and the grips look perfect!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. EJR26, have you held the performance center and this one side by side? other than the lightening cuts I couldn't determine the difference between the two but I am curious to know the difference.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
if i could only have 1 handgun.. i wouldnt be upset if that was it. beautiful!

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Very nice, excellent guns. SW has nailed the 1911 as far as I'm concerned, I've got one of their performance center guns and it shoots with any 1911 at any price. Just awesome guns.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! :) It won't be your last. ;)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Thanks all. EJR26, have you held the performance center and this one side by side? other than the lightening cuts I couldn't determine the difference between the two but I am curious to know the difference.
To me they feel about the same, Most of the differences are internal, Special Features: Performance Center Action Job, 3.5-4 lb. trigger pull, throated barrel, precision Crowned Muzzle, Polished Feed Ramp, Briley Spherical Barrel Bushing, 30-Lines Per Inch Checkering, Ambidextrous Frame Safety, Slide Ported Lighting Cuts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To me they feel about the same, Most of the differences are internal, Special Features: Performance Center Action Job, 3.5-4 lb. trigger pull, throated barrel, precision Crowned Muzzle, Polished Feed Ramp, Briley Spherical Barrel Bushing, 30-Lines Per Inch Checkering, Ambidextrous Frame Safety, Slide Ported Lighting Cuts
From the looks of it the two guns share alot of the same features, I can tell you for sure mine doesnt have a 3.5-4 lbs trigger pull though. Feels more around 5-6 for mine. I also read somewhere that the performance center barrel bushings are titanium coated, I'm guessing that would be different too. Thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Bee u tee full!

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
The bushing, trigger job, and hand fitting by the performance center guys is the big difference between a SWPC 1911 and their standard guns. The titanium spherical bushing is a bit of a big deal, they're hand fit and gives you an incredibly tight lockup that adds to the accuracy of the pistol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts