Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first 1911 last Friday - a SA Range Officer in .45 acp. I shot it for the first time today and I just love this gun. Its rock steady and the trigger is great. I considered some more custom models, but in the end I didn't think that I would shoot well enough to notice the difference. I won't ever shoot competitively; I can't see far enough :). I normally shoot at 21'. I know y'all all know the gun, but here it is:

·
Super Moderator
16,591 Posts
Congrats. I just got my first recently. A Dan Wesson. Got to shoot it next to my friends RO. The DW is nicer, but you are right about shooting... Shooting is shooting. The RO is definitely solid and a good shooter. Nice pistol.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats. I just got my first recently. A Dan Wesson. Got to shoot it next to my friends RO. The DW is nicer, but you are right about shooting... Shooting is shooting. The RO is definitely solid and a good shooter. Nice pistol.
I had fired a RO TRP model at the range and thought a lot of it. But I figured if I was going to spend that much money, I should consider a Dan Wesson. I shoot a decent group, but I could not balance the cost/ability relationship between the regular Range Officer and the Dan Wesson for me, though I was thinking long and hard about it :) (if the bad guy is no further away than 21', is not moving and is not returning fire, he's mine).

Reactions: Powerman

·
Super Moderator
16,591 Posts
Ya, solid guns are solid guns. Nice and expensive are not more lethal. Quality and reliable is all you "need". After that is icing.

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
Congrats, nice gun. Although getting hooked on crack is cheaper than getting hooked on 1911’s so be careful.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats, nice gun. Although getting hooked on crack is cheaper than getting hooked on 1911’s so be careful.
Ha! The 1911 certainly is a lot of fun to shoot. So far I have managed to find one 9mm that I love and one .22 that I love without feeling the need to acquire others. Hopefully I'll be able to resist other 1911s as well, but no promises.

·
Registered
25 Posts
^This....crack by any comparison, is cheaper than a 1911 habit.....

Excellent purchase OP and welcome to the 1911 community! You will certainly enjoy that RO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Nice gun, congrats. 1911 style guns have a unique quality that other gun can't quite duplicate. They do become addictive.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
And a Rock Island for a beater range gun...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So now y'all are ganging up on me.:smile:

·
Premium Member
127,703 Posts
Congratulations! Remember the old adage, "It is 90 percent talent and 10 percent equipment."

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update - I have been shooting this pistol for about a month now and I just love it! It is so much fun to shoot. That "crack" crack, made earlier is beginning to make some sense.

Reactions: zee

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
I like that, in fact thought about buying one and tricking it out with magwell
and ignition kit.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I’m 5 Springfield 1911’s in, with the last one being a Professional

You may as well just surrender your bank account to the 1911 Gods now

·