Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my First 1911 tday. Went with the Springfield Range Officer. $719 out the Door. Amazing trigger out the box. VZ operator 2 grips, Smith and Alexander Arched Magwell, Dawson Precision front optic ordered.

Still love my XDM 3.8 9mm and XDS 3.3. Just wanted to add a Big Brother 45 Cal to the Family.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Congrats! The RO is a great 1911, I love mine.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Congratulations! You are so screwed. Start saving right now for the next one.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jed. Yur so right! As soon as I shot the Rental Sat I knew I was in BIG trouble. Already looking at the RO compact they just released. Momma ain't happy. I'm thinking I can get more $$$ for a liver than kidney.

Tks for the welcome to 1911 world. Not sure what took me So long

WD

·
Premium Member
127,992 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The trigger isn't amazing for a 1911 but SA typically sends them out pretty damn good.

I want a range officer, it's a lot of gun for the money.

Go send some downgrade now!

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
NOTHING like a good 1911. I spend so much time shooting mine I've decided to sell some other guns. A RO is a good start, and love the VZ's.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Congrats

Im so jealous

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tks for all the Input and congrats. No doubt this will not be my one and only 1911. My Glock 19 is scared to death after the look I gave have him. Hummm :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Congrats and sweet pistol!!

Like others said, this won't be your last. I love my 1911 and am eyeballing the RO Compact. Hickok's review did me in.

I have a waiting list 3 deep for my TRP if I kick out and I am in my early 40's.:lol:

Not sure what bothers me more, that there's a line for that pistol or that my Dad is sitting #2 on it.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Tks for all the Input and congrats. No doubt this will not be my one and only 1911. My Glock 19 is scared to death after the look I gave have him. Hummm :)
Naaaah, the 19 is a fantastic all around pistol. I want more 1911's but the 19 isn't going anywhere. It's too sweet and easy.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Ro compact is on my short list , also...

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sure it is. Standing by for a photo of your next 1911.....:D
Love to get the Little Brother of my RO.. The RO compact.. But MOMMA ain't happy! Maybe Santa will bring if I'm Very Good.. But I doubt it..

FYI, There is great Info on 1911's on 1911forum.com

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
My first .45 will more than likely be a R/O compact.. just watched HICKOK45's video on it and i love the size and everything about it... congrats on your new purchase! :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts