Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello;

I recently received my very first 1911. I purchased the Springfield Armory 1911 A1 Loaded Target in Black/Stainless Steel. I have always wanted a 1911 and finally got one. I love it!!! I think I even shot it better than my other handguns.

Would you be able to able to assist me in picking out what aftermarket magazines I should acquire? The SA 1911 A1 Loaded came with two with a small base pad and hold 7 rounds. The handgun also comes with a magwell.

I am not familar with 1911s, so any help you can provide me with picking the correct mags would be greatly appreciated!!! I would like to be able to use 8-round mags so that I can use this gun in USPSA competition, but I just don't know if that would work or not. For example, would the Wilson Combat 47D (8-rounds) fit this firearm?

Thanks!!!

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:

·
Premium Member
127,260 Posts
...would the Wilson Combat 47D (8-rounds) fit this firearm?

Yes, I have several and they work just fine. You might also look at the Wilson ETMs and Chip McCormick mags. Congratulations on your new 1911.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have been very happy with my Chip McCormick mags...work wonderfully...If you are going to shoot USPSA your gonna need the 10 rd Chip McCormick power mags.....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Wilson 47D! Been using the wilson in one form or another for 30 years. Never found a brand I like better. Even my CMC mags have Wilson followers.

CX

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you shoot single stack major you need 8rd mags if you use if for limited 10 you can use 10 rd mags.

Id suggest getting wilson mags I use them in my springfield work great!

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
You should have gotten a coupon in the case. The SA magazines work just fine. I've got several dozen of them and they work in every 1911 I own. Since you've got a chute on there you will need some base pads.

·
Registered
185 Posts
wilson mags, never had one fail me ever.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I didn't like the way the Wilson 47D's left a gap between the base pad and the bottom of my Kimber. I went with Chip McCormick Classic mags. Less expensive, look good and flawless.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I use Checkmate mags in my RIA and Dan Wesson..
Never had a problem with..

I ran Metalform (SA) mags in the RIA as well, no problems.

I've also used Wilson Combat in my Kimber without problems..

·
Registered
42 Posts
I run Ed Brown 8-pack mags in my truck gun (Kimber 4" Custom TLE/RL II). I have a wide variety of single-stack 1911 mags that I run in all my other pistols. I know some people bitch about the Kimber Kim-Pro Tac Mags, but mine all work just fine.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hello;

I recently received my very first 1911. I purchased the Springfield Armory 1911 A1 Loaded Target in Black/Stainless Steel. I have always wanted a 1911 and finally got one. I love it!!! I think I even shot it better than my other handguns.

Would you be able to able to assist me in picking out what aftermarket magazines I should acquire? The SA 1911 A1 Loaded came with two with a small base pad and hold 7 rounds. The handgun also comes with a magwell.

I am not familar with 1911s, so any help you can provide me with picking the correct mags would be greatly appreciated!!! I would like to be able to use 8-round mags so that I can use this gun in USPSA competition, but I just don't know if that would work or not. For example, would the Wilson Combat 47D (8-rounds) fit this firearm?

Thanks!!!

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:
Wilsons are great mags, 8 rounds on sale at Midway.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Still yet another thing to look into when I get my 1911 TRP Operator in a few month's???

·
Registered
29,617 Posts
47D's are good, I've also had good luck with Power Mags.

My carry mags are 47D's, fwiw.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I run some Wilson 47d's some Wilson ETM's and some CMC power mags, and the 1 factory Kimber. all of them have run fine so far, but the factory mag has been retired as I now have a magwell and need the bumper pads to seat the mag.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts