Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
I actually just ordered one, picking it up on 7/18. I got the Officers model with the 3 1/2" barrel. I played with it for a while at the gun shop, feels really nice, the slide is smooth and the trigger felt really nice.

I have found a lot of good reviews online, just google Rock Island Armory and you should be able to find quite a few articles and YouTube videos about them.

And here is a thread I had about RIA's recently.
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/m1911/179507-rock-island-armory.html

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I would opt for the Tactical RIA over the GI version..
The nickel GI is nice, but the Tactical has better features, including;
Novak style fixed, front and rear sights
Dove tail front sight
Ambidextrous safety
beaver tail
skeletonized trigger
commander hammer
wood grips

API RIA 1911A1 FS 45 TAC 8 $437.00 SHIPS FREE

GI Nickel

Tactical..

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I've got a RIA 9mm tactical (that I bought from 1lowlife) and also a PT1911 (.45 ACP) and both are flawless. RIA is dead on with factory ammo; but, doesn't like my reloads so far; it may be up for sale shortly. Taurus eats anything and POA=POI out to 25 yds.

The Taurus deal listed is a pretty good one but like has been stated if you go RIA; go tactical model.

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
If possible, stretch your budget another $150, and get the RIA 2011 Tactical; full-length rail, Tru-Glo 3-dot night sights...$649 or less.

Otherwise--get the RIA Tactical--looks like Bud's has 'em for $437.

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
1LL, it's quite nice...I traded my RIA 1911 Tac for the 2011, and it's impressing the heck out of me. I added a Insight wX150 light, and while it feels a touch heavy...it shoots like a frickin' dream. They put a really nice trigger in these guns--or at least, they did in mine.

I think it's going to replace my G34 as a nightstand gun...I shoot it considerably better. I've ordered some Wilson 10 rounders to see how it likes 'em, and if it does...it'll move upstairs.

Makes me want a Baer Monolith now...;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree with 1lowlife. The tactical is equipped much better and has most of the initial upgrade most people make.

I'm a huge fan of RIA. I purchased the RIA Match close to two months ago. I've put 1500 trouble free rounds through it so far.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about the RIA, 1911.
And, after my last experience with a Taurus, I won't spend my money there again.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
citadel hands down. its from armscor (same as RIA) but its their premier version. will be 489 if you look around.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
With 2 changes, that is exactly what I want.
But, I can't get it the way I want it.
9mm and a 4" or 4.25" barrel....sigh. :sad:
sorry dude but a 4/4.25 barrel is for concealing so making a high end tactical 1911 that length is mixing markets and won't generally sell. Not saying your need isn't legitimate just not a big enough marketin their eyes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts