Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XDS-45 3.3 was never sent in for the voluntary recall. I waited for the rush to end and waited to read the feedback from those who got theirs back. One reason I bought the XDS was because of the 5.5lbs short trigger. After much consideration of what the "issue" really is and based on increased trigger weight (although I have read that a couple hundred dry trigger pulls will fix it), I have decided not to send my XDS in for the recall. Hold your gun the proper way and it will function perfectly.

I was wondering if anyone else has decided to do the same.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Sent mine. Although, I question why. The trigger, however, seems no worse (or better) than original. It has enough rounds now that it's pretty acceptable. I don't want it too light since it's a carry gun.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I waited also and the rush did die down. I sent a note with the gun thanking whoever did the work for the work he or she was going to do and commented on how nice the trigger was on this particular gun before the upgrade.

When it came back, the trigger was nearly as good as when sent in. I followed the posts on this site and bent the grip safety spring (if I recall correctly) and got it back to the 4 1/2 pound pull it originally had.

Go for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I waited also and the rush did die down. I sent a note with the gun thanking whoever did the work for the work he or she was going to do and commented on how nice the trigger was on this particular gun before the upgrade.

When it came back, the trigger was nearly as good as when sent in. I followed the posts on this site and bent the grip safety spring (if I recall correctly) and got it back to the 4 1/2 pound pull it originally had.

Go for it.
Can you paste a link to that post here?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I bought mine used. And i'm not really sure if its been sent in or not. I was beggining to lean towards no, due to the trigger being pretty good. Guess i need to get off my butt and call springfield with it to find out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought mine used. And i'm not really sure if its been sent in or not. I was beggining to lean towards no, due to the trigger being pretty good. Guess i need to get off my butt and call springfield with it to find out.
The picture below will be able to help you determine if yours has been upgraded or not. Like I said, I don't think I will be upgrading mine.

Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I wonder how many complaints about a heavier trigger after the modification could be due to the fact that their pre-mod parts had been broken in with several hundred rounds of use, and the new parts hadn't worn in yet, causing the perception of a heavier or grittier trigger pull, when in fact the new parts just needed to be broken in.

Don't know if that's fact or not, just speculating.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I would send it in to avoid possibly blowing your balls off.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
If you use this pistol as your carry gun. I would send it in.
If you ever use it in self-defense . Not having it up dated to recall standard , Could possibly be used against you .

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sounds like an unnecessary liability to me....

·
Registered
91 Posts
I THINK I also read some information saying that it could go full auto or at least do a slam fire without the modification.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
There's a recall?!? :shock: What guns does it affect? How long does it take to fix? How will I know when they're working on mine? Will I get a tracking number?

:shock:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Recall is on the SA XDs. It is a grip safety issue and the "Fix" entails some work and installing a roll pin in the safety lever. About the tracking number and when Yours actually is being worked on, I couldn't tell you.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I THINK I also read some information saying that it could go full auto or at least do a slam fire without the modification.
Without the modification, the gun can fire when chambering a round (like when dropping the slide on a freshly loaded mag), and can double (or worse, mag dump) when fired. Do the responsible thing and send it in to get fixed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
justashooter2a. I like your Sig Liine, Specially the FIRST word, and the Courage to say it! thank You.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts