Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking my CCW course next month but have never carried before. I like leather. What would some of you guys recommend? Brand? Model? What about the level of holster as I know nothing about this?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If it isn't comfortable it is wasted money. For IWB leather try milt sparks. I have never had a sparks owb holster so can't comment but know that anything they do is first rate. Don't think kydex iwb can't be comfortable either. For kydex Iwb or Owb try www.comp-tac.com. I have several comp-tacs and will not go back to leather. And remember everyone is built differently so what might work for me may not work for you. good luck

·
Registered
219 Posts
I use a G-Code Kydex IWB for my XD-40 and absolutely love it. I can wear it all day and have even slept with it on (while still clothed of course). It is easy on and off and also very secure. I buy my pants one size larger and use a gunners ally gun belt. This makes for an excellent combo imo.

·
Registered
165 Posts
WOW, that’s a loaded question.

If you’re like the rest of us, then you will find that a drawer in your home has been taken over by holsters. You start with one, and then wake up one morning to find that you own seven.

Most of us own two holsters that looked like a great idea, but don’t work with our body type. We also have one or two Special purpose/ situation holsters that we only use (maybe) once a year. There are always two good everyday use holsters too. Then there is the belly band, or thunder wear holster that just gets used as a sock partition.

Welcome to CCW. Sorry to tell you, but we all end up this way because, what works for me, won’t work for you. It’s a trial by error thing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You must check out Tucker Gun Leather. Great holsters and great service. I have a Texas Heritage for my XD40 and it is awesome. I would also look at the "Answer" also. Tucker makes a great holster, worth every penny.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree about Tucker. I have the Texas Heritage and I love it. The customer service is top notch also. I have never heard a bad thing from anyone who bought one. However, as stated above, everyone is different and what works for me may not be your cup of tea. I think everyone is doomed to shell out dough on "experimental" holsters before they settle on "The one."

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
defender96 said:
You must check out Tucker Gun Leather. Great holsters and great service. I have a Texas Heritage for my XD40 and it is awesome. I would also look at the "Answer" also. Tucker makes a great holster, worth every penny.
I have the Answer, and I'm a walking commercial for Tucker now. Lots of people suggesting Tucker; must be something to it. :wink:

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'm a big fan of Milt Sparks' rigs, the Versa Max II is what I have carried my 1911 in for years, going to give the Don Hume topless a try with their belt, for the XD, but you can't go wrong with the Milt Sparks rigs, not at all, and worth the wait.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts