Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a month since i shot my new shotgun, but better late than never. Well, it was an experimental bargain. (Bare in mind that this is my 1st shotgun) The NEF 12ga Protector has a 18.5" barrel(smooth bore), 5 shot mag tube, takes 2 3/4" and 3" shells. Its also got a synthetic stock bead sight, and a vented recoil pad.

Well, i bought a box of 100 Federal target shells, size 7 shot 2 3/4", 25 shells of remington 00 buck high velocity 3"shells(ouch) and 25 remington size 4 buck 2 3/4". Overall, i would say that it functioned flawlessly. There were no problems with the 2 3/4" shells. However, with the 3" magnums, the shells failed to eject fully after a pump once in a while. This was probably shooters error. I found that the 2 3/4" shells did not require a full pump to eject the spent shell. I fired from a range of 10 yds.

After shooting a total of 150 shell that afternoon, I fully destroyed 2 wooden target stands, made a lot of heads turn while i was shooting the 3" mags(there were 18" fireballs coming out of the barrel), and had a nicely bruised shoulder. I also fired 5 shells of rifled slugs at about 35 yds. These 5 shots produced about a 7 in grouping. Not bad in my opinion for a bead sight.

Also i was told that it should be able to use many 870 aftermarket mods, like pump handles, grips and stocks. However this is not true with Remington barrels. NEF does have interchangeable barrels available for this shotgun at around $100. I purchased it at Gander Mountain in Castleton, IN for about $150 plus tax(about $160 and change).

I believe this would make a fine home defense shottie for a beginner or veteran, especially for those on a budget. With the extra barrels available it can be used for hunting. I know that its not made in america but what is these days. I hope some of you find this info useful.

·
Registered
375 Posts
awesome thanks for the info they have these on sale right now at my local store! I can't wait to pick one up I'm trying to convince my wife to let me get one asap. they seem like decent shotguns and they are only 170.00 which is easy on the wallet too!

·
Premium Member
21,332 Posts
nice report , ive looked at these , they are nice

·
Registered
375 Posts
well I got one! I ended up paying $194 for it cause I missed the sale but still not bad for a solid little shotgun! can't wait to get it out and do some shooting!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The H&R Pardner is the same gun as a Norinco type 97-1.

I installed a choate synthetic corn-cob forend on mine.

It's built like a tank and impossible to break.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts