Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I just have to gloat a little. I just got two brand new 12 rounders for $20.00 each. My friends at the local gunshop have been barraged with requests for magazine sleves. As we all know, Springfield won't sell just the sleve. They also don't sell a 10rd magazine with a sleve. This makes since to me because you would only gain one round. However, far be it from me to dissuade anyone from buying toys for their gun, as long as skill is also maintained.

As I am in Commifornia, the average constitutionally deprived citizen can't have those last two rounds in the mag. It seems that after much study, California found that the last two rounds are the deadly ones. I however (sorry guys) can have said 12 rd magazines. I know, it isn't right. I agree. BUT I CAN GET THEM!!! So the shop ordered two mags with sleves. I got the mags for $20.00 each and the shop sold the sleves alone within the first couple of days.

This brings me to a question. I now have five 12 rd magazines, one 10 rd mag, and my subbie's 9rd. How many is enough? I feel that if the shop continues in this escapade, I will probably end up being found starved to death on my living room floor, surrounded by 12 round mags. But I can think of worse ways to die :wink: .

·
Registered
397 Posts
What local shop was it? Not in Fresno is it??

BTW when are we going to get together for a little shooting??

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
If Bobert ever wakes up and joins the ranks of the xdpostingholics again, he can inform you how many hi caps he has, but at last count, he was over 30 9mm mags. :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
aiformula said:
If Bobert ever wakes up and joins the ranks of the xdpostingholics again, he can inform you how many hi caps he has, but at last count, he was over 30 9mm mags. :)
Yeah, last match I seen him at, he just kept pulling magazines out. He must've spent three hours the evening before loading all those magazines. He's probably got more I-SHOT pouches than I actually have magazines! :shock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts