Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done searching but I can't find what I am looking because A) it hasn't been asked or B) because my search skills suck. I am going with B lol.

I am looking at only reducing the trigger travel and not really the pounds as I find that aspect fine. My issue is I don't know how ringo about that. I've seen some mention of a Springer Combat job but I see no mention of what that is on either here or on the SP site. This is for a regular 45 compact too.

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Can't speak for Springer, I have the Powder River Precision trigger kit in my XDm .45. The take-up is very short as is the reset. As far as pull weight, I estimate about a 4 1/2# pull weight so it wasn't reduced drastically. What is most noticeable is the shorter (almost none) take-up and reset of the trigger. I installed the kit myself and I got the Match Easy trigger kit. ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can't speak for Springer, I have the Powder River Precision trigger kit in my XDm .45. The take-up is very short as is the reset. As far as pull weight, I estimate about a 4 1/2# pull weight so it wasn't reduced drastically. What is most noticeable is the shorter (almost none) take-up and reset of the trigger. I installed the kit myself and I got the Match Easy trigger kit. ;)
Do you know what your trigger pull was before installing the kit?

·
Registered
422 Posts
If you do not change the springs, there will be very little change (if any at all) in the pull weight.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I just need to buy a trigger kit and just keep factory springs?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I have done searching but I can't find what I am looking because A) it hasn't been asked or B) because my search skills suck. I am going with B lol.

I am looking at only reducing the trigger travel and not really the pounds as I find that aspect fine. My issue is I don't know how ringo about that. I've seen some mention of a Springer Combat job but I see no mention of what that is on either here or on the SP site. This is for a regular 45 compact too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly what I want

1 - 7 of 7 Posts