Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been searching high and low for a clip on holsters for my guns. Yes, I love a good quality leather holster (Milt Sparks being my fave......), but with my job, it's just not that simple.

I work construction, and wear a leather belt all day long. So obviously a stiff leather holster just isn't going to do the trick.

So what I'm looking for a is a decent holster that I can just throw on real quick when I run into the grocery store (or other such places) when I go to and from work.

I've seen a couple that might work.

One looked very nice, and was Kydex (or some other polymer). And I think a vendor here has them. But I have no idea what their name is, as I forgot to bookmark their site, and can't find them via a search.

The product looked nifty though because it used "S" clips, so you could attatch the holster without taking your belt off. Anyone use this? Is it as easy to use as it looks? Or is it too good to be true?

The other one was "the insider" holster, that looked very economical, and may not be a bad holster for just running into the store.

Anyway, any and all help appreciated as always.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
ShamusMcoi said:
I work construction, and wear a leather belt all day long. So obviously a stiff leather holster just isn't going to do the trick.
i too work in construction. i carry my XD40 4" all day everyday in a Comp Tac, C-Tac. its easy in easy out and i can conceal it with just a T-shirt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What trade? I'm in drywall. The extreme amount of sweat and dust would be bad enough.

But on top of that we are also part acrobats. I don't want to be fighting a holster on my hip while I'm straddling scaffolding and a two by four 30 feet in the air with a 120 pound sheet of rock over my head.

Nope, I need to be as mobile as possible. The 20 or so pounds of weight strapped down on me is plenty. Don't need any additional crap rubbing me all day.

I'll find a clip on that works, or I'll just keep carrying mexican style when I run into the store...... :lol:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
ShamusMcoi said:
What trade? I'm in drywall. The extreme amount of sweat and dust would be bad enough.

But on top of that we are also part acrobats. I don't want to be fighting a holster on my hip while I'm straddling scaffolding and a two by four 30 feet in the air with a 120 pound sheet of rock over my head.

Nope, I need to be as mobile as possible. The 20 or so pounds of weight strapped down on me is plenty. Don't need any additional crap rubbing me all day.

I'll find a clip on that works, or I'll just keep carrying mexican style when I run into the store...... :lol:

trust me, try the C-Tac.

i dont even realize its there at times, and i have full flexibility and movement. i could hang/swing upside down and not worry about my gun leaving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts