Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own the XD 9mm Subcompact, XD 9mm Service and a Ruger P95. I am very accurate with both the Ruger and Subcompact but am struggling with the Service. I have had the Service about 3 weeks and have put about 400 rounds through it. I am getting better but the other two guns seem much more accurate than my service which does not make sense to me. I do believe that much could be my fault but, because I am much better with the other two, it makes me wonder if the sites may be off with the Service. I will say that I have had both the Ruger and Subcompact for about 6 to 8 months. Maybe I am just more comfortable with these guns and have not gained the confidence with the Service. I would think that if I was accurate with the Ruger and Subcompact, I would not be having this much trouble with the Service. Any ideas. Again, I am shooting a few inches left and low with the service. Don't have that issue with the other two guns.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Left and low is usually a little too much trigger finger. Being a service model, the sight radius is a little longer. Any movement in the barrel left or right will show hits farther off target than with a shorter barrel.

Try some dry fire while watching your front sight. Make certain you are not "jerking" the trigger just a smidge.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Try concentrating on smoothly pushing the trigger straight back and not just pulling the trigger smoothly.

The natural biomechanics of your finger wants to push things to the left and the fact that your finger is under the barrel means it wants to pull it down.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I am. My main concern was the fact I seem to not be doing this with my other two pistols. Made me kind of wonder. I would also like to thank everyone for trying to help with your replies.

Are you grouping well with the service though?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts