Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've decided on the XD, Now I need help! I don't want to carry, just want the best shooting XD- In bunch. 9mm or .40? Length 4"-4.5"- 5"?
I know its personal preference; I only want to own 1, yes only 1 hand gun. (For Now)
Thanks In Advanced?
:?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
If you get a .40 you can buy a conversion barrel and shoot 9mm too.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
4" 40 is my pick In case you have a life altering exprince and decide to carry 40 has good power and acurate 5" is for just target 3" is for carry I buy most of my ammo at walmart 9.99 for 50 rounds of hard ball I think :D 9mm is 9.49 Good Luck you'll be happy with any Xd

·
Registered
388 Posts
Add me to the list of XD-40 Service (4") supporters. I love the ease of switching to 9mm for cheaper range time. However, if you never plan to use the gun for carry, you may as well just buy a 9mm from the start.

·
Registered
285 Posts
For the use you described, I recommend the XD-9 Tactical (5"). It is the best suited range gun. The muzzle flip and recoil are less than a .40, the ammo is cheaper (100 rounds of WWB 115 FMJ is $11 at Wally World) and the longer barrel should enhance accuracy a bit (although it may not be noticeable in actuality.)

Just be totally sure you'll not want to carry this gun ever. If you think there is any chance at all, I recommend you go to the 4" Service length. The minor reduction in accuracy is negligable.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Paladin said:
For the use you described, I recommend the XD-9 Tactical (5"). It is the best suited range gun. The muzzle flip and recoil are less than a .40, the ammo is cheaper (100 rounds of WWB 115 FMJ is $11 at Wally World) and the longer barrel should enhance accuracy a bit (although it may not be noticeable in actuality.)

Just be totally sure you'll not want to carry this gun ever. If you think there is any chance at all, I recommend you go to the 4" Service length. The minor reduction in accuracy is negligable.
Completely agree with that one.

·
Registered
813 Posts
4" or 5" .40 with an EFK 9mm barrel (then add the .357 barrel later for a 3 in 1 combination)

I carried a 1911 government for years and the 5" is the same size. I like the 5" for range/target shooting/home defense simply because that extra inch added to the sight radius does make a big difference in accuracy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought my first xd in a 9 mm 4" model but looking back wish I had just went for the .40 and bought the conversion barrels. I love my XD and that is my only regret about it. Listen to these guys they know what they are talking about. You may never intend to carry it but the option is well worth it, and at the worst it will sell better.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Both of the pistols listed below have been 1000% reliable and accurate. 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts