1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
If you are going to pick from this list, I'd go with the Single Stage Press Kit. Sounds like a set of dies and a shellholder and you will be in business. There are many other items that you will eventually want but this will definately get you started. The price is right! The only Lee products I have used are reloading dies but hopefully, someone with direct experience will chime in. Good luck!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't know if you plan on ordering from Midway or not but you might want to look at what's in stock.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, for the input. :cool:

·
Registered
84 Posts
The single stage is the way to go. The Anniversary kit is a low cost way to get into reloading. The Lee powder scales leave a little to be desired, but you can always upgrade to an RCBS 5-0-5 or 10-0-10 when you feel you need it and sell the Lee scale on eBay.

If you are planning on loading large rifle cases, you'll probably want a more rigid press such as the Lee Classic Cast press. I have one and I think it is the best value in single stage presses and has a better primer disposal system than the RCBS Rock Chucker.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so the normal single stage kit or the anniversary single stage kit ?

I cant tell the difference in the 2

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Only difference I see in the descriptions is that the $99 kit has a primer pocket cleaner and is in stock. A primer pocket cleaner is probably $2.

If you can wait 6 days for the Anniversary kit to show up you'll save $15

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got no problem waiting, and i'll probably look into a better primer pocket cleaner. heard there might be problems with gettin the military type primer crimp cleaned up when using military brass.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
The turret is really the way to go if you want to go Lee. I'm not a big fane of the kit because the scale is such a piece of crap. I would probably buy the press alone & get a better scale & powder measure along w/ the other things you would need, JMO. You can use the turret press as a single stage & when you gain experience, dot off 150rds an hour. Not bad for the casual shooter.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
ok so the normal single stage kit or the anniversary single stage kit ?

I cant tell the difference in the 2
I think that the main difference between the two is the priming tools. Auto prime vs. ???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts