Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought 200 rounds of the above mentioned S&B from the Cabela's store in Hamburg, PA today. I've had some experiance with that brand in 7.62x25 Tokarev and really like it. Accuracy was pretty good for something out of the Czech Republic. Anyhow, should I expect the same satisfaction out of the 40's? Or will I be using these for plinking?

I know the opinions about all the other stuff, plenty of posts on CCI, Winchester, Wolff, ect., ect., ect.. Just not many posts on Sellier & Bellot.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
It is probably as good as any other ammo out there. For some reason people here have a "problem" with non-US made ammo, but this is just prejudice in my book. I find it reliable, accurate and no dirtier on my gun then any other brand. I definately prefer it to Blazer ammo which I have found to have major quality control issues in the past. This company has been making ammo for a long time and is well respected in Europe. It is good practice ammo for range use.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
i think the best bet is to find out for yourself, now that you have the ammo. Its a moot question after you already bought the ammo :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
S&B makes good ammo they have been in the business for way over 100 years. It is a bit hotter than equivilent American brands and accuracy is more than acceptable.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
I put about 4000 rds of it thru my .40 Tac. No problems at all. Priced OK, shoots good and is clean burning.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
that's good to know....i was thinking about buying some!

·
Registered
427 Posts
It's the ammo they use when they test the XD's at the factory!

Bought 200 rounds of the above mentioned S&B from the Cabela's store in Hamburg, PA today
How much did ya pay??? I may have to make a trip up there this weekend!!! IF me and the SO can find a babysitter (sux when we have our daughter with cause that place is a MADHOUSE!!) :evil:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was $7.99 a box, the cheapest they had. Even cheaper than Wolf's.

I don't make that trip too often as it's 2 hrs. away from my door. Actually went up there to hunt down some BW Armadillo. They didn't have any, but I did manage to get a tube of BW's Gun Cleaner as well as the ammo.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I don't make that trip too often as it's 2 hrs. away from my door.
About 1/2 hour for me! Sometimes when I am bored I just make a day trip outta going there! I think I know the store in and out by now!!! Matter of fact, that is where I got my XD :D

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I've been using S&B ammo in 9mm and .45 ACP for about 7 years. No problems, per se, with the ammo--reliable, reasonably accurate, etc.
But, it's a bi*ch to reload because the primer pockets are tighter than most US made ammo. For that reason, I tend to use it at places where I need to use cheap ammo and must leave the brass behind (training classes, matches at other ranges, etc)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Snake-eater 1 said:
I've been using S&B ammo in 9mm and .45 ACP for about 7 years. No problems, per se, with the ammo--reliable, reasonably accurate, etc.
But, it's a bi*ch to reload because the primer pockets are tighter than most US made ammo. For that reason, I tend to use it at places where I need to use cheap ammo and must leave the brass behind (training classes, matches at other ranges, etc)
I liek S&B in all calibers except .380. Hard primers cause failures to fire in my Keltec P3AT.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
WWII, might I suggest visiting pistolgear.com on this site. He is one of of the sponsors (I have no connection with him) and he carries Blue Wonder products. Even with shipping, I imagine it's cheaper than driving 2hrs to get some. Unless of course you like the drive.

I've used the Armadillo based on what I read about it here and it works great. I'm going to try the other stuff too. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have been firing the S&B .32, 9mm, and 40sw for some time now. Good ammo, for the cost. Feed great in all my guns. I keep their 180 grain FMJ staggered with CorBon JHP in my carry magazines. I trust them enough for everyday carry. (Along with a good hollow point :twisted: )

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have used 45 and 40 S&B. It is clean, accurate, and seemed hot but I have had some bad primers and a squib load. for that reason I choose not to use it any more except for maybe the CZ52 I dont have yet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts