Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carrying a weapon has become second nature to me, and I go nowhere without my pistol, either 5" 1911 or XD .45 Compact. But no matter what I do, I simply cannot find a comfortable way to carry a spare magazne! I have tried everything, and here I come for advice.
currently I am using Comp-Tac IWB mag pouches for both weapons, but having magazines inside my waistband is simply annoying and uncomfortable, and im looking for other options. I have been searching for a good horizontal leather mag pouch for OWB carry on my belt, but NO ONE makes one with a flap, which I personally require for maximum concealment. I have searched for multitool pouches that would work, but none fit so far.
I have also thought about pocket mag carriers, but I would need to carry in my back weakside (left) pocket, and I haven't seen any that would work for this yet.
so, here is what I need:
horizontal magazine pouch (preferably leather) with some sort of flap. Must fit on my 1.5" belt and carry an XD 45 10 round magazine and/or 8 round wilson combat 1911 mag. Willing to buy 2, and have them custom made.
OR
pouch for my back pocket that holds one magazine of the above types off to the side, and has some sort of flap to hide the top of the mag and prevent it from falling out.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you!

·
22,003 Posts
Leather is your friends for a snug fit on the spare mags. When I carry I have my Kimber on one side and 2 spare mags on my right. I carry OWB spare mags and IWB with Kimber.

·
22,003 Posts
Chip 8 round flush

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
The 1911 magazine should be relatively easy ... go to any major sporting goods store in your area that carries Leatherman (or similar) multi-tools. They should also carry pouches for these tools. Find the pouch that fits your 1911 magazine and you have what you're looking for.

The double-stack XD45 magazine is going to be a bit more of a challenge because of its width. I'm not aware of anything leather with a flap that will work. You might see if there's a leather-worker near you who would make you something custom.

·
Registered
656 Posts
for now, since i'm in shorts, I carry my mag in my left pocket, with a desantis mag packer, I can fit my xdm 45 mags into it, though I bought the one made for single stacks and smaller 9mm double stacks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Contact the guys at Mackenzie holsters they made me one custom out of Horse Hide and I love it email them and ask about one I know last time I ordered they told me that they had a lot of things not listed on there website as of now but are working on updating it soon with lots of pics of new holsters and products including Leather holsters. I can't wait if they are anything like there Hybrids then I know they are going to be Jam up. They are located at Mackenzie Enterprise!, Take Charge Now!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts