Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for my first SA semi-auto and I have decided to get a .40 XD(M). Recently, I came across a posting for a tactical model .40 XDM on a local gun site, but when I contacted the seller, things got confusing...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: What's the length of the XDM? 3.8", 4.5", or 5.25"?

Him: I don't know whats a tactical 5.25
Him: What are we playing stump the dummy

Me: I'm the one stumped at the moment. I've never heard of a tactical XDM which is why I was asking.

Him: I don't know maybe if you google it

Me: Already did. Springfield Armory does not make an XDM designated "tactical." Well, I was interested in buying the gun, but you don't really seem interested in selling it. Good luck.

Him: Gun actually says tactical right on the side of it I'll have to google it myself if I get a chance
Him: I'm curious to see what it says myself

Me: Oh ok. In that case, it's probably a tactical XD, not XDM. I'm looking to get an XDM at the moment.

Him: Wow really I typed in Springfield Armory tactical 40 XDM got all kinds information tells everything you want to know about this pistol
Him: Anymore stupid ass questions
Him: No that's what I thought I'd rather not sell it to you anyway you might hurt yourself or somebody else

Me: Sure
------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Treker22

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Run away from the seller and toward a reputable FFL at warp speed, IMHO

Good luck, and welcome

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
So there isn't a "tactical" XDM?
Go visit the Springfield Armory website, you will find everything you are asking there, and get answers from the source, not second and third hand.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I think what is happening it that the guy is trying to sell an XD model as an XDm especially if it says Tactical on the slide.

The XD line has 3 different barrel lengths. 3", 4", and 5". The designation on them are Subcompact, Service, and Tactical.

The XDm line also has 3 barrel lengths. 3.8", 4.5", and 5.25". The destinations on them are Compact, Service, and Competition. The 3.8 comes in two grip sizes either compact or fullsize.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

Reactions: mbquimby

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think what is happening it that the guy is trying to sell an XD model as an XDm especially if it says Tactical on the slide.

The XD line has 3 different barrel lengths. 3", 4", and 5". The designation on them are Subcompact, Service, and Tactical.

The XDm line also has 3 barrel lengths. 3.8", 4.5", and 5.25". The destinations on them are Compact, Service, and Competition. The 3.8 comes in two grip sizes either compact or fullsize.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.
That is what I thought was the case and that's exactly what I communicated to the seller. He's probably an idiot.

Just moved to Utah from Mississippi and this place is just as gun friendly if not even more so. (Didn't think that was possible :p )

Thanks for all the input and welcomes!

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
A little penicillin should clear that right up.

Oh, sorry. I only read the title....

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Welcome. What you have encountered is what we in the industry call an "idiot." I swear they are everywhere.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
He panic bought the gun and now wants to get rid of it to pay his cable bill and buy video games. Unfortunately he is unable to find another panic buyer right now.

Good job making him tell you something concrete and learning he couldn't. Now you know.

Welcome to the forum, but you don't have to own anything to hang out here.

·
Registered
67 Posts
the guy doesn't know anything about guns or he is hoping you don't.
The only tactical is in the xd model, I would stay away from guys like that.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
the advice they gave you is going to be the advice everyone is going to give. Run away from him. He is either stupid or scamming.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts