Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for the 1911 R1 Enhanced for some time now. Every dealer in my area I have talked to has the R1 or the Centennial edition but not the Enhanced version. I have found a few online but I prefer to go to a shop and buy it so I can see it first hand. I was just wondering if anyone had any info if they are released yet or how to go about acquiring one. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Sorry, I can't be much help, but I wanted to welcome you to the Forum! I've seen the R1 and the Centennial, but the Enhanced is new to me. The Remington line looks like a pretty good offering.

Good luck in your search for enlightenment. :idea:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I can't be much help, but I wanted to welcome you to the Forum! I've seen the R1 and the Centennial, but the Enhanced is new to me. The Remington line looks like a pretty good offering.

Good luck in your search for enlightenment. :idea:
Thanks I appreciate it. If you go to Remington's website it is listed under their handgun section. I really like it and i'm willing to wait and get what I want than jump the gun and get something just because it's available.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Central Florida! The R1 standard is a real nice 1911. The Enhanced should be even better!

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Where do I find this ghost of a gun???? And thank you from Eastern West Virginia!
Sorry about the delay in responding. You will probably need to go to the Remington website and check their dealers' list. Then, probably, need to order it. Good luck. Hope I wasn't too late in my suggestion.:oops:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my local dealer had one in stock, here is the picture and he also ships. Good luck, Dave

Online Gun Deals - Item Details
I'm really wanting to see one in person before ordering one offline. By the time I pay shipping and the FFL fee's it would be to much. I have a list and I'm trying to get one through about 3 or 4 different dealers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imagine that, I actually found one today at a shop by me. To bad he wants to rape me on the price. I can get one shipped offline and pay the FFL fee's. After tax it would be above MSRP. I can see making money but taking advantage of someone is another thing. I imagine dealer cost is around 725 to 750 on these.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Imagine that, I actually found one today at a shop by me. To bad he wants to rape me on the price. I can get one shipped offline and pay the FFL fee's. After tax it would be above MSRP. I can see making money but taking advantage of someone is another thing. I imagine dealer cost is around 725 to 750 on these.
I think some dealers want to make a years worth of profits on one gun at times. I have 2 local gun shops within 10 miles of me and I rarely ever buy anything from them. I found a dealer about 40 miles from me where I usually go now. His prices are usually 60 to 90 dollars cheaper than my local ones plus the sales tax is 2% cheaper there. So for me the little bit of a drive is worth it for me. Good luck, Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think some dealers want to make a years worth of profits on one gun at times. I have 2 local gun shops within 10 miles of me and I rarely ever buy anything from them. I found a dealer about 40 miles from me where I usually go now. His prices are usually 60 to 90 dollars cheaper than my local ones plus the sales tax is 2% cheaper there. So for me the little bit of a drive is worth it for me. Good luck, Dave
Yeah I have already been quoted a price by two different dealers of $820 including tax once they get one available. He wanted 935 + tax that's almost 1K. MSRP is only 975 I think. He can go blow smoke somewhere else, I don't care how hard they are to get.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts